Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Use It Tuesday

You may remember a couple of weeks ago I had a jolly good time inking up stamps that had been sitting completely unused in the Craft Cave.  Having such a neglected collection helped me win Use It Tuesday's Uninked Stamp Challenge and my prize is that I get to be a Guest Designer for this week's challenge!  Whoo hoo!  The challenge is to use metal on your cards.  So I burrowed into my stash and came up with these leaf brads that I bought back in 2007 from The Stampin' Place which is the first place I ever ordered stamp supplies from.  I cut the backs off the brads and attached them with Pop Dots.  (The tree and stitches stamps were previously uninked and are glad to get their moments to shine alongside the brads!)  If you get a chance, pop over to Use It Tuesday and see the fabulous designs created by the rest of the design team then break out the metal detector and make a card!  :)     
Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (Kraft) PTI
Stamps:  (Tree) Unity Stamp Co, (Stitches) Purple Onion Design, (Sentiment) PTI
Inks:  (Chocolate Chip, Old Olive)  Stampin' Up
Gems:  Doodlebug

19 comments:

Lynn said...

Jen, I love how you grounded the trees with the stitching stamp. Such a great CAS design!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Congrats on the guest DT gig! What a fun challenge ... and a great card! Love those clipped brads! Hugs xxx

Brandi said...

These are adorable! Love the fall theme!

Jay Gee said...

Gorgeous design and cards Jen, love those brad trees :)

~amy~ said...

GREAT use of those brads! genius to cut off the backs...LOL...I never even thought of that.

Kim S said...

What a great idea! I have this strang phobia of using something up because I might need it on some future card, so it would about kill me to use that many brads on a card - - - on the other hand, my leaf brads have been sitting unused for five+ years. I should work on that, shouldn't I?

Jessi Fogan said...

Jen, these are awesome! I love how they're a set but not identical. And I've got to check out this 'use it Tuesday,' since I am guilty of hoarding those kind of supplies :)

Haven_mom4 said...

So glad you're ourguest designer. Totally love the deminsion you gave the leaves with pop dots. Super clever- Haven UIT

Kirsty, New Zealand said...

i never knew brads could look so good, that's awesome .. congrats on your win :)

Karen B. said...

Fabulously clean and simple!

Lindsey said...

These are gorgeous! The leaf brads (so smart to cut the backs off) work perfectly on that tree stamp. Congrats on the win, too!

Cristina said...

Love these! Such an inspiration.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your DT gig! LOVE these cards too! Fab brads, glad they finally found a card home, it was definitely worth the wait.

Jenny said...

Yay another GDT spot my friend :)
Love these cute little trees, I bet you were glad you found them in your stash :)
Jenny x

Emily Leiphart said...

Hooray for the guest gig! These are fabulous.

Meg said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Meg said...

Oh, you're making me want to dig through my brad stash now! I don't think I"ve opened that drawer in a while. I love using them on pop dots instead and how you used them for your image instead of an accent. Congrats on your guest DT gig!

Anonymous said...

oh my, these are stunning! I adore the little stitching and the fabulous trees.

Laurie said...

I love this Jen! That stitching is adorable for the "ground"! Love it!!