Thursday, October 20, 2011

The Sky is the Limit



Ta dah!  Within 10 minutes of receiving my Market Street Stamps order I inked up the Bit of Burlap stamp and used it to give some funky texture to my sky.  That is a new record for me which makes it the second record of the day - the first being that my MSS and Twinery orders arrived exactly one week after I ordered them.  Pretty incredible for Bermuda!  The bright and bold colours on this card come from Kathy's Lily Pad Palette Challenge over at Lily Pad Cards.  And, although it may be a bit of a stretch, I'm going to enter this over at the Create Chevron Challenge.  Those stripes on the balloon sure look like chevrons to me!  :)  
Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (Cajun Craze, Not Quite Navy, Daffodil Delight) Stampin' Up

Stamps:  (Background stamp - Bit of Burlap) Market Street Stamps, (Balloons, clouds & sentiment from Up, Up and Away)  PTI
Ink:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko

Dies:  (Balloons & banner) PTI

17 comments:

Jay Gee said...

Love the burlap background and the colours look wonderful!

Lynn said...

So glad that your shopping trip was a quick one! :) I love that burlap background. It is a beauty!

Lynn said...

PS They still play the traditional games too...tag...etc...not sure where Hot Mama came from!!

Kim S said...

I love the affect of the texture- so very interesting! I don't know how you manage waiting for orders. I have my favorite places to order from based entirely on whether I will get the order in a few days!

~amy~ said...

oooohhh....nice work!

Jenny said...

Love the burlap bkgd, I can see why you'd use it straight away. Fab use of colours too.
I had a stamp delivery today from Waltzing Mouse :)
Jenny x

Vicky Hayes said...

These are fab colours to use for this scene. I love the burlap texture and your bright balloons.

Patrice said...

Love that crackle background!

Jessi Fogan said...

Definitely chevrons on the balloon. I just got some MSS stamps too, including burlap, and I can't wait to play with them. They're staring at me reproachfully from my desk right now.
A week? That is awesome. Shipping to Canada usually takes at least 2 weeks, so I feel your excitement on that :)

Emily Leiphart said...

Hooray for 'fast' stamps! I'm chuckling because I just sold that PTI set. :P I love the MSS background!

Anonymous said...

Fab! FAB! fab! burlap background! I can see why you had to ink it immediately, I think we'll be seeing a little more of it too... Another fab card Jen, there is a definite chevron quality to that balloon, I agree!

Karen B. said...

Super cute card, the colors are awesome! Congrats to you for using new stamps right away! I just got my Cane Background stamp from Market Street Stamps today, and I only ordered it on the 19th! Can't wait to use it.

Lindsey said...

Awesome card! I love the bold, rich colours and the funky sky! (One week from ordering to delivery? That's amazing! :P)

Anonymous said...

are you serious??? I love how the yellow just POPS off that grey background like crazy. LOVE this!

Meg said...

Oh, love that MSS background, especially with those subtle clouds! Such a great layout, too.

Kathy said...

Your card is proof that a simple card can be stunning. Love everything about this. Thanks for playing along with Lily Pad's Color Pad Palette Challenge :)

Cheryl said...

Congrats on being chosen as a Froggin' Fantastic Four! Your card is adorable! Love that burlap stamped background and the balloons are so fun! ~Hugs, Cheryl