Thursday, October 27, 2011

Button Balloons


After having this Up, Up & Away stamp set for almost a year now it's funny that it's suddenly caught my interest and keeps appearing on cards.  I'm just so bad at keeping up with the latest goodies - I always seem to be a beat behind.  Ah well, better using them late than never I guess.  This card is for the Embellish colours and buttons challenge.  I don't use buttons too often (although they must be breeding in the Craft Cave because there sure are a lot of them around here) so it felt good to use a few on this card. The colours are kind of masculine but I don't know if those button balloons are... the jury's still out on that one!     


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (Blue) Bazzill Basics, (Early Espresso, Daffodil Delight) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (All from Up, Up & Away) PTI
Ink:  (Early Espresso, Certainly Celery) Stampin' Up

Die:  (Nestabilities Labels 3) Spellbinders

Buttons:  Craft supply
Gems:  Doodlebug

13 comments:

Rachel said...

I love this card with those buttons! The window is so cute.

Kim S said...

I love the window showcasing those bright green balloons on that beautiful blue sky!

Unknown said...

I really like the window with the blue sky and the button balloons are fabulous!

Sudha said...

Lovely cheerful creation dear.

Sudha
sudha-kalra.blogspot.com
http://sudha-kalra.blogspot.com/p/shop.html

Annette Allen said...

wow I love this card...so clever to use buttons for the balloon... great idea..

thanks for stopping by and for your sweet comment..

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card Jen! Love the label window and those button balloons! Yes, they can be masculine... remember, men hardly even look at the cards (unless they are our hubbys & know that they *have* to)!

Jenny said...

Ow, another challenge I haven't got round too yet!!!
You've got a brilliant entry here Jen, the button balloons look perfect in the aperture :)
Jenny x

Karen B. said...

It's my opinion that the crafty world should run in slow motion and let all of us enjoy the products and call them "new" for just a little bit longer...wouldn't that be nice? It is also my opinion that this is a great card! So graphic and clean and really lots of fun.

Lindsey said...

Hey, there are no flowers, no butterflies... must be a suitable masculine card! Regardless, I really like the bold colours and the cutout frame.

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

I can so relate to being a "beat behind"! I am always behind with the latest because I always choose the WRONG stamp sets from a new catty! I buy sets ... and then see all different ones on other peoples blogs and wish I had bought them instead!!!
This is super adorable! Thanks for popping by today to say hi! Hugs xx

Anonymous said...

oh so sweet, love the use of the cutout.

Jessi Fogan said...

Boy do I enjoy reading others' comments - I want crafty time to slow down, and yeah, no flowers or butterflies equals a masculine card. lol.
I'm loving this Labels 3 shape...I feel like some new nesties might have to be in my near future.

Unknown said...

Your button balloons are absolutely adorable! Your die cut is fabulous and love how you used the colors!