Monday, October 31, 2011

Mesh Butterfly


I really really struggled to photograph this card.  I had major glare issues and after about 30 different shots I ended up going with the first one I took.  Typical.  It's still not great but it's the best I'm going to get with my limited skills.  But enough of that and on to the card which I made for the Textured to Perfection Challenge in the Moxie Fab World.  I used PTI's linen impression plate on the blue panel for some subtle texture but the real texture comes in on the butterfly.  I die cut 3 different PTI butterflies from turquoise mesh and layered them to create my own embellishment.  And look what's on that sentiment!  Hooray for the arrival of my white embossing powder - and a touch more texture for the card!  I thought it needed a bit more colour too so the white panel is stamped with my new Market Street Stamps Argyle background stamp and I coloured the gems to match it.  



Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Bazzill Basics, (Night of Navy)  Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Argyle background) Market Street Stamps; (Sentiment from Big & Bold Wishes)PTI
Ink:  (VersaMark) Tsukineko); (Rich Razzleberry) Stampin' Up
Embossing Powder:  (Seafoam White) Ranger
Impression Plate:  (Linen, ) PTI
Dies:  (Butterflies) PTI
Gems:  Craftsuppliesforless.com
Copic:  V06
Coloured mesh: Craft supply

13 comments:

Kirsty, New Zealand said...

this is so sweet ... polly loves this card because of the butterfly and background ... i'd have to agree the butterfly is totally dreamy looking

Diane Jaquay said...

oh WOW Jen, love that pretty mesh butterfly!!! Beautiful card!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Jen! Love this colour combo, but the butterfly is the real highlight! (I have some untouched craft mesh - I wasn't sure what to do with it - and you have inspired me... again!)

Unknown said...

Love your mesh butterfly...how creative you are! Fabulous card...and I just realized your b/g's have been with the 'linen' impression plate, right? Love that hint of texture!

Lindsey said...

The mesh butterflies are genius! Such a pretty colour combination, too. Glad you are back in the white heat embossing business!

Brandi said...

Wow! That butterfly is too cool!

Karen B. said...

Yay for new goodies and putting them to use so fabulously!

Jenny said...

Love the effect of the mesh butterfly, the stacked sizes make a cool focal point! Hooray for the embossing powder...now make sure that lids on this time ;)
Jenny x

~amy~ said...

Super perfect!!!!

Jessi Fogan said...

What Jenny said...be super careful with that EP ;) It looks amazing here. I love the layered butterfly, and the argyle is an unexpected but perfect touch!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Jen! Thanks for linking this up to the Textured to Perfection challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Anonymous said...

WOW, that mesh butterfly is amazing. I love it! I will have to find some mesh now!

Helen F. said...

WOW, Jen, your card is awesome!
Mesh butterflies are a new technique to me ~ LOVE the beautiful effect :)