Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Boo!

***This is my 2nd post of the day.  Please scroll down for my Use It Tuesday post or click here!***


I love the funky colours at The Play Date Cafe challenge this week as well as the fun names they gave them - Slime Green, Frightful Fuscia, Putrid Purple and Black As Night.  They definitely put me in the Halloween mood so I pulled out this Purple Onion ghost stamp and got to work punching and layering circles and ghosts.  If you have a ghost you must have some "Boo" so I took some black letter stickers and sparkled them up a bit with some Gunmetal Stickles (which is also on the ghosts' eyes).  Wee Memories and Create are both having challenges for Halloween cards this week so I'm going to enter this card with them as well.  



Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (Black, Purple) Bazzill Basics, (Rich Razzleberry, Lucky Limeade) Stampin' Up
Stamp:  (Ghost from Halloween set) Purple Onion Designs
Ink:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko

Impression Plate:  (Linen) PTI
Punches:  (1" & 1 1/2" circle punches) EK Success

Stickers:  Scenic Route
Glitter:  (Stickles Gunmetal)  Ranger

17 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Very cute Jen...love your little multi colored display of ghosts!

Lynn said...

Love this Jen..do I spy a linen impression plate in the background too? The texture on all the circles is fabulous!

Anonymous said...

A ghostie grid! Too cool! Love, love, love and that sparkly sentiment :) Thanks for playing this week at the Play Date Cafe!

Karen B. said...

Oh, this cutie of a card would be a winner in my book, love the way the colors played out on your card.

Lindsey said...

I love your use of the challenge colours, and the grid layout is a great way to showcase your ghosts. Fun!

Mynn xx said...

This is just too fa-boo-lous! ;D LOVE IT! Will be CASEing it! :) Thanks for sharing with us!!!

Deborah Frings said...

Cool Halloween card - love the grid layout of ghosts with the centre "boo" sentiment! Brilliant!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

I just really couldn't handle this colour combo ... but you did a fab job! Hugs xx

Anonymous said...

I adored these colours as well, such a fun challenge. Your card is fabulous, awesome idea to repeat the image & mix up the colours. Love it!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Jen, this is super cute! GREAT way to use our challenge colors this week. Those little ghosties are adorable. Thanks for playing with us at The Play DAte Cafe this week!

Giovana said...

Oh my goodness, this is so cute and adorable! Thanks so much for joining us at Wee Memories Challenge.

Emily Leiphart said...

LOL, is this ever cute! I can't say much more than I love it. :D

Jaclyn Miller said...

What a fun way to add all those ghosties. Love it! Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe this week.

Meg said...

Oooh, I'm loving this layout! Love how you arranged all the colors as well-I would have spent hours deciding where to put each color.

Jenny said...

This grid design is just awesome and I love how you've used the PDC colours too. You've made ghosties retro!
Jenny :)

Laurel Beard said...

Wowzers, how cute is this!!!!! So glad you joined us at Wee Memories.

Jessi Fogan said...

I love it! The glittery boo is the perfect centrepiece, and I lol'ed at the colour names. Putrid Purple? tee hee.