Sunday, October 2, 2011

Paper Piecing Throwdown

***This is my 2nd post of the day.  Scroll down for my Tuesday Trigger post!***

Another card from my WCMD weekend. This was made using the colours from the Colour Throwdown challenge.  I used a Woodware USA stamp and did some paper piecing. This works perfectly for the Wee Memories challenge this week as we are to use our favourite technique on our project and I love me some paper piecing.  :)  And, surprise, surprise (say it with me now!) - I'm going to enter this in the 4 Crafty Chicks and Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes challenges.  I hope you all had a wonderful weekend and managed to squeeze in some crafty time.  I've had a blast checking out what everyone has been up to - so much amazing inspiration!      
Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Bazzill Basics, (Lucky Limeade, Calypso Coral, Poppy Parade, Chocolate Chip) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Image) Woodware USA, (Sentiment from Asian Fusion) PTI
Inks:  (VersaMark & VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko
Embossing Powder:  (Seafoam White) Ranger

21 comments:

~amy~ said...

Nice work...love the colors and the paper piecing!

Brandi said...

Your the one rocking the amazing inspiration! This is truly fabulous paper piecing. You were really getting your craft on this weekend!

Thanks for joining us at Wee Memories!

kasia c. said...

This is FABULOUS!! I love your paper piecing and the white embossing looks perfect. :)

Tamie said...

Clean, simple and Fabulous! Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful creation with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

Anonymous said...

Your weekend has been so creative Jen! LOVE this one too! Those paper pieced flowers are uber cool!

Jay Gee said...

Love this Jen, those flowers look fantastic!

Kirsty, New Zealand said...

love the paper piecing, the flowers make me want to smell them they look so welcoming :)

Lynn said...

I think I'm in love...I love the little frame...and the white on chocolate is wonderful Jen!

Lindsay said...

This card is fantastic Jen! I LOVE that paper-pieced flower and you've used the colors perfectly!

Jessi Fogan said...

OOh! I love the paper piecing, and the whole thing just pops from the solid background.

Emily Leiphart said...

Jen, this is gorgeous and perfectly done! The white on brown makes the flowers really pop. Excellent use of the colours!

Helen F. said...

Hi Jen, I love your paper piercing and the bright cheery colors from the Colour Throwdown make this such a delightful Birthday card.
PS: Thank you for your comments on my blog ~ hoping to get back into a world I love...I've been missing you all dearly.
PPS: Tried to send a message about what's going on with me on friendconnect, but wasn't successful. Can you email me?
CardsbyHelen@gmail.com

Lisa Elton said...

Love this Jen! The simplicity of it and the rich warm fall colors!!!

Stacy's Paper Crafts said...

Beautiful paper piecing, love how the flowers seem to pop right off the card! Great coloring too.

Lindsey said...

Using the brown card base makes this card so rich-looking! Lovely paper-piecing, too.

Unknown said...

This is stunning. I love the paper piecing. This is one of my favorite techniques too.

Jenny said...

You must be in with a good chance of winning that Simon Says Stamp voucher now!!
Love how you used the colours on your awesome paper piecing :)
Jenny x

Lori Turner said...

Love this CAS card! Those flowers pop right off the card! Thanks for playing at 4 Crafty Chicks this week :)

Unknown said...

Wow...I looove this card! First the way you coordinated the colors...awesome; and your paper piecing looks spectacular!

Britta Swiderski said...

I adore how the flowers feel like they're bursting out of the frame and wanting to spread their happiness. Such a cute design and I love the colors you've used! Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

Courtney K said...

this is a perfectly pieced card - love it!