Sunday, October 2, 2011

Delightful Randomness


Hello!  Just popping in quickly with another card from yesterday's day of bliss in the Craft Cave.  This card is inspired by this week's Tuesday Trigger at the Moxie Fab World.  I love the gingham envelope, the sweet turquoise birdie and the buttons in the picture and I based my card around them.  All three stamps are seeing ink for the first time with this card even though some of them have been hanging around the Cave for quite a while!  The shopping ban is definitely not fun but it is forcing me to use what I've got so it has it's merits I guess.  I'm also entering this card into the 4 Crafty Chicks and Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes challenges.  Have a great Sunday!


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Bazzill Basics, (Green) Pacon, (Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight, Tempting Turquoise) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Sentiment) Hero Arts, (Bird from Fun and Fast Notes) Stampin' Up, (Plaid stripe from April 2011 KOM - Small Things Matter Most) Unity Stamp Co
Ink:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko, (Melon Mambo) Stampin' Up
Copic:  YR31
Buttons:  Craft supply

16 comments:

Lindsey said...

CUTE! I really like how you picked a few of the elements in the picture and ran with them to make a perfectly sweet scene.

Jenny said...

I never got round to this challenge but so glad you did, that little birdie is cute on his strip of gingham. Looks like you had a great crafty session yesterday :)
Jenny x

Meg said...

Oh, so cute! You totally fooled me on the plaid stamp-I thought it must have been paper or some sort of fancy tape!

Lindsay said...

Totally adorable Jen!

Lynn said...

Oh...lovely CAS design Jen...I love how you pulled out the various elements from the inspiration photo to make such a sweet little scene!

Joy said...

Jen this is so super adorable, love the CAS style, just gorgeous... thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

Jocelyn Olson said...

Sooooooo cute, Jen! Love the gingham--it's so perfectly stamped I thought it was washi tape. And that little bird? So cute!!

Anonymous said...

This is AdorAble Jen! Love your fantastic stamping and all that gorgeous white space! A shopping ban?... such a scary thought!

kasia c. said...

Too cute! I love the little gingham strip along the bottom, the buttons and your adorable paper pieced birdie. :)

Tamie said...

crisp, clean and simple makes one amazing card. I absolutely love this. The ribbon is so perfect with the buttons. Love it :) Thank so much for sharing it with us at 4 Crafty chicks.

Kirsty, New Zealand said...

Cute is so definitely the right word for this card .. i absolutely adore all the negative space and the colours make you only look at that sweetest of birdies!

Jessi Fogan said...

So incredibly cute :) Love the gingham strip, and the teeny buttons, and the sweet little birdie!

Anonymous said...

I can't tell you how perfect this is!!!! Perfect use of the trigger and it is so darn cute! Love it.

Diane Jaquay said...

hee hee, this is utterly ADORABLE!!!

Karen B. said...

Look at all those fabulous comments....!! Your card is pure clean and simple goodness, no greatness. Love your colors, love your design.

Lori Turner said...

What an adorable CAS card!! I love it - thanks for playing at 4 Crafty Chicks this week.