Monday, October 24, 2011

Lonely Pear

Both CAS-ual Fridays and 4 Crafty Chicks have challenged us to colour in stamped images this week.  There are a lot of crafty people out there who can work wonders with their Copics (check out this bucket by Karen Baker for a jaw-dropping example) but I am not one of them so I kept my colouring pretty simple.  I used the Play Date Cafe colours for my palette and this lonely looking Unity pear for a simple Thinking of You card.  

Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Bazzill Basics &  Gina K, (Rich Razzleberry, So Saffron, Old Olive) Stampin' Up

Stamps:  (Pear  from July 2009 KOM - A Pocket Full Of...) Unity Stamp Co, (Sentiment from Mat Stack 2 Collection) PTI
Ink:  (Memento Tuxedo Black) Tsukineko

Copics:  YG63, YG95, Y21, V06

14 comments:

Lindsey said...

I've never thought of a pear as looking lonely till now! :) Beautiful CAS card!

Jay Gee said...

Love the simple lines of this card Jen... I am with you on the colouring :)

Maria said...

clean and simple, just perfect!
hugs,
maria

Karen B. said...

Fabulous clean and simple card, and those colors are just yummy! Thanks for the shout-out you are way too flattering. Thanks, too, for joining in on this week's CAS-ual Fridays Challenge because I think you did an excellent job!

Kirsty, New Zealand said...

there is absolutely nothing wrong with your colouring, i'm still being shown up by my kids ability to colour in the lines better than me!

~amy~ said...

awwwww....

Marion said...

Very sweet! Love those 3 lines that the 'lonely pear' is sitting on.

Jessi Fogan said...

Love this pear - and the super-simple layout is gorgeous! I want to know how you cut those teeny strips of paper so evenly. If I try that with any of my paper cutters it just doesn't look good.

Anonymous said...

Super cute card Jen! Love your 'lonely pear' and the stripes work perfectly to keep it company!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Well now ... ain't that the sweetest little pear! Hugs xx

Jaclyn Miller said...

clean. simple. perfect. love the strips of cardstock. Thank you so much for joining The Play Date Cafe on its 2nd Anniversary!

Jocelyn Olson said...

The lines look really fabulous against the white background. Your card is so chic, Jen!

Laura Davis said...

Beautiful, I love the fall colors!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura

Anonymous said...

Oh so sweet.