Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Christmas Red Bird


I loved this Hero Arts stamp from the first time I saw it.  I mean, how cute is that little bird?  I thought it would go well with this week's Inkspirations colours so I finally inked it up.  I fussy cut the bird from Cherry Cobbler paper and put some Glossy Accents on him for some shine.  I also added some Stickles snow to the background which you can kind of see in the picture.  
Supplies Used:
Cardstock:   (Not Quite Navy, Sahara Sand, Cherry Cobbler) Stampin' Up, (Cream) Craft Supply

Stamps:  (Image & Sentiment from Merriest Christmas Wishes set) Hero Arts
Ink:  (Not Quite Navy, Cherry Cobbler) Stampin' Up

Dies:  (Nestabilities Labels 3) Spellbinders

Imression Plate:  (Sunshine) PTI
Other:  (Frosted Lace Stickles) Ranger, Glossy Accents

14 comments:

H2 :) said...

Gorgeous card Jen! The sweet little birdie looks fabulous in his sparkly scene & the red Nestie frame is striking. :)

Jenny said...

ooo I love that sparkly night sky, such a gorgeous card:) I really love the pop of colour on the white base :)
Jenny x

Jay Gee said...

Wonderful Jen! The stickles snow looks fantastic... I need to remember that :)

Meg said...

Oh, I am loving that starry/snowy background!!! Such a classy way to add some sparkly. Love the impression plate you used, too, and how classy *that* looks--I only think to use it on "funky" cards.

Gah, the more I look at this card the more I love it!

Lynn said...

Jen, this wins for one of my all time favorites of yours! I love all the sparkles. Stunning!

Karen B. said...

Little red bird come perch on my wintery trees that will be here at the end of the week! What a lovely card, so many great details that make such a big impact.

Anonymous said...

There you go with that circle background again... can I borrow it pleaseee? Just for a year or two?
This card is just fab, fab, fab!! Love the colours, perfectly Xmasy, especially with the sparkle!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Yep! Can see the sparkle. Love that cute little birdie! Hugs xx

Kim S said...

Thanks a lot...now have another stamp on my wishlist! The way you have put this together with the red frame and the simple background is absolutely perfect!

Marisa said...

Fabulously done! Love the popped up bird and the sparkly BG for the night sky. Great take on this week's colours. Thanks for joining us at Inkspirations this week :)

Jocelyn Olson said...

I keep eyeing this stamp, and your card might push me over the edge. I *love* how you made the background with the Stickles. So pretty!

Lindsey said...

Jaw-dropping! Absolutely gorgeous, Jen -- love the image and the sparkly background in the frame.

Anonymous said...

Wow... wow. I just love the sparkly blue night and the pop of the red bird. Beautiful card.

Jessi Fogan said...

This is so, so gorgeous. One of those cards that looks deceptively simple. And how you managed to photograph the sparkle? Genius. I love the red frame, and the glossy cardinal, and the SPARKLE! (Caw, caw...me loves some shiny stuff :P)