Saturday, October 22, 2011

Autumn Beauty & RAK


I really don't know what possesses me to decide to fussy cut and paper piece such tiny designs but here I've done it again!  I cut lots of little leaves, popped them up on Pop Dots and added Glossy Accents to them.  The colours I used are from this week's ColourQ challenge and I'm also going to enter this over at Unity's monthly challenge (Autumn Harvest), Picture Perfect Creations (Fall/Halloween Specialty Challenge) and Create's Fall challenge.  


I had a lovely surprise arrive in the mail yesterday.  Awhile back Amy Tsuruta had asked for some crafty storage ideas and I linked her up to my Craft Cave pictures.  As a thank you she sent out a little care package with stamps, notepaper, buttons and, of course, a fabulous card!  I was so excited although I'm not happy with Bermuda Customs.  They opened the package to "inspect" it and clearly just crammed everything back in and bent the card.  :( Typical.  I still love it though - especially the delicate stitching! 
 I also realised that I never posted a picture of the fabulous card Lynn Mangan sent when I won some blog candy from her.  Love all the layers and PTI goodness!  
  
Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Bazzill Basics, (Lucky Limeade, Pumpkin Pie, Rich Razzleberry) Stampin' Up

Stamps:  (Image from Beauty Tree Itty Bitty, sentiment from August 2010 KOM - All You Need) Unity Stamp Co
Ink:  (Early Espresso, Rich Razzleberry) Stampin' Up

Dies:  (Nestabilities Labels Eleven) Spellbinders
Other:  (Glossy Accents) Ranger

22 comments:

Karen B. said...

Beautiful cards from all three of you! I admire your attention to detail with the fussy cutting and glossy accents.

Karen said...

Love the embossed leaves on the tree card, and how it's popped out! It's one striking card!! :)

Patrice said...

I LOVE those glossy accent leaves!

Lindsey said...

Oh, that's a lot of teeny tiny cutting work! But totally worth it, especially when you add the glossy accents! Beautiful card. And so are the sweet cards from your friends... and some nice thank you swag, too!

Anonymous said...

wow, your tree is amazing, so glad you took the time to fussy cut!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous cards! Thanks for sharing :)

~amy~ said...

good grief woman...that's some fussy cutting! You're super patient and it shows in your lovely work.

I'm glad that the goodies arrived...you're the 2nd person to tell me that the RAK I sent was ripped into by customs...grrr...what the heck? I get they were super excited to see the crafty stuff...anywho's....glad it made it over there and Lynn's card is gorgeous!

Ann Schach said...

What a lovely card! I love the fussy cutting!

Kim S said...

You are crazy to do that much cutting! But it was totally worth it...what a fun and cheerful card!

Tenia Nelson said...

So so cool!!!

Anonymous said...

Love all those tiny leaves (thank you for the frenzied cutting) and that awesome green label... I can feel a shopping spree coming on! Another fab card Jen!

Deborah Frings said...

I think your fussy cut leaves are just lovely - a super design. And the cards you received area also stunning!

Christina said...

I love your fall tree! You must have infinite patience to cut them all out and wait for the gloss to dry. But the result is fabulous! Thanks for joining us this week at the ColourQ!

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card, Jen! Love the leaves on your tree. Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

Jessi Fogan said...

Oooh! Ooh! I know why you do that {{waves hands madly in air}}}!!! Because it ends up looking awesome after taking so much time. It's beautiful - and so is the quote :)

Renée said...

LOVE the "fussy" cuts :) I'm always a fan of the extra mile to make a project look as fab as yours does! Thanks for playing with us over at ColourQ :)

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

I am sure this was well deserved. Enjoy, Jen! Hugs xx

Yapha said...

Gorgeous card! Those leaves are fabulous! Thank you for playing with ColourQ this week!

Jenny said...

Such a great idea to use those festive colours on a fall card, love all the fussy cutting and glossy accents :)
Looks like a great polka dot stamp in your crafty RAK you could use at LIM this week ;)
Jenny x

Emily Leiphart said...

Gorgeous card with a wonderful sentiment! Thanks for sharing your fabulous goodies. Ack, on customs bending the card. Grrr!

Kirsty, New Zealand said...

the details in this card are AMAZING ... you have such amazing skill my dear and the quote is just perfecto. don't you just love sending and receiving stuff from abroad that has been OPENED :(

Meg said...

Gorgeous! I love those glossy leaves!