Saturday, October 15, 2011

Bug Love


Hello, hello!  Just a quick post for now and I'll be back with another later.  Got lots of deadlines to meet today!  :)  This is my entry for the latest ColourQ challenge.  I was inspired by the bumble bee bag and stuck to the bug theme using my Paper Smooches lightning bug.  Some simple paper piecing and twine antennae and we're done!  I really struggled with the sentiment though.  I REALLY wanted to emboss it with white EP but as I mentioned here I won't have any more of that for a while!  I tried clear embossing over white ink with little success so straight white ink it is for this card!  See you all later!


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (Basic Black, Basic Grey, Tangerine Tango, Crushed Curry) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Lightning bug and sentiment from Giddy Bugs set) Paper Smooches
Ink:  (Memento Tuxedo Black, VersaFine) Tsukineko, (Frost White) ColourBox
Dies:  (Nestabilities Peony)  Spellbinders
Twine:  The Twinery

17 comments:

Karen B. said...

Super cute! Hope you white embossing powder arrives soon.

Lynn said...

Adorable...love the little touch of twine for the antennas!

Emily Leiphart said...

How cute, Jen! I love how you used the colours. I need to find time to play with those cQc challenges. Hope things aren't as hectic for you! ;)

Brandi said...

Cute! It matches the inspirational photo perfectly!

Lindsey said...

I need to get my hands on some of that Colorbox white... you're the second person I've seen that can use it on dark colours and have it show up perfectly. (None of my THREE different white inks do that.) With that out of the way... I love this card! The cute paper-pieced and twine-antennaed bug and the die cut background are awesome!

Anne said...

Totally adorable card- love the little bug!

Sylvia said...

Cute card, Jen! Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

Anonymous said...

Deadlines are the best thing to help speed up my creativity, not sure if you're the same. I can move bits of paper around for hours!
Anyhoo, another totally adorable card Jen, great take on the inpspiration and that's the cutest bee!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Your white ink is totally fine for this adorable card. Hope your EP arrives soon! Hugs xx

Kim S said...

I just love his little antenna and the "halo" of light behind him! And that white is great - I know you are anxiously awaiting new ep, but you have some great white ink to show up so well!

Anonymous said...

cute cute... love the little antennas.

Kirsty, New Zealand said...

love this card ... that buzzy bee is just the cutest, love the antennae :)

Emily Keaton said...

Totally cute and perfect for this ColorQ challenge. I love how you even matched your bug to the face on that sweet backpack!!

Unknown said...

This is awesome! I love the way you even matched the picture! :) TOTALLY ADORABLE cas card & I'm so glad you played colourQ this week! :)

Christina said...

Super cute, Jen! I love that you used the bee in the photo as your inspiration for that sweet little bug. I think the white ink looks fantastic, too! Thanks for joining us this week at the ColourQ!

Jessi Fogan said...

White is so tricky - even white EP over versamark just doesn't really do it. It's like white pens, you have to try it all to get a good strong solid white.
I love the idea of using the peony as a mat here - I never would have thought of that instead of a circle, etc. And the sweet polka dot wings, and twine antennae? Awesome :)

Jocelyn Olson said...

Oh, this is so utterly cute!! The paper piecing is fab and the antennae? Too cute!! This card is awesome, girl!