Saturday, October 29, 2011

Wish Big Flower

I needed one more birthday card for this year's staff birthdays at work so I made a bright and happy flower card using ColourQ's colours.  This Hero Arts flower is perfect for layering and paper piecing and I added some Stickles to the dots and stripes for a little pizzazz.  I'm also going to enter this in the Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes challenge.  

And Christmas came early for me this year!  Yesterday I received orders from Hero Arts, PTI and Skipping Stones Designs.  Yes, you read that right - SSD.  I had a bit of a rant a couple of weeks ago when I couldn't manage to process an order with them or get in touch with them.  However, a little birdie (tweet tweet, KB!) intervened and got me in touch with Heather.  She was super apologetic about the problems I had, gave me an easy ordering solution and also gave me a very generous discount.  And my goodies arrived in about a week!  I was impressed.  Thanks to my little birdie friend for your help and to Heather at SSD for helping me get everything sorted.  I'm really excited to dive in and get those stamps inky!  Watch this space!  :)
Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (Peach Parfait, Daffodil Delight, So Saffron) Stampin' Up

Stamps:  (Big Flowers Pattern) Hero Arts, (Sentiment from Big & Bold Wishes) PTI
Ink:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko

Impression Plate:  (Woodgrain) PTI
Other: ( Orange Peel Stickles) Ranger     

20 comments:

Lindsey said...

Beautiful, Jen! Those colours would be so hard for me to work with, but you make them look awesome! Love the little Stickle touches, too. Have fun with your new goodies!

Sylvia said...

I love this card, absolutely fabulous, Jen! Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

Anonymous said...

Awesome card Jen! Love the sparkles on the flower, but totally adore the woodgrain impression plate... I really *need* to place a PTI order, the postage just hurts so much... and I'm trying to be good.

Jenny said...

Gorgeous big flower Jen, the colours work so well for your card :) Glad you sorted out the SSD order, how lovely of Karen to help you out....she's a star :)
Looking forward to seeing your new stash in use!
Jenny x

Jessi Fogan said...

Glad to hear that you ended up with a positive response in the long run :) And WOOHOO on fun mail days! That's a lot of fun stuff to arrive all at once...can't wait to see what you get up to. And inquiring minds want to know - was the white embossing powder there???? lol
And I almost forgot - sheesh - love the bright colours on this card. You';re making me really want the woodgrain plate....argh....

Karen B. said...

Ooh, look at the beautiful woodgrain! What a fantastic texture to add for that big beautiful bloom! The colors on this are out of this world, so fantastic! Have I mentioned how I think it is great to see your cards and style evolve? You are fantastic! So glad to hear that you got some good mail yesterday, and especially the part about SSD. I hope that you enjoy the stamping goods! Can't wait to see.

Lynn said...

Youza...that card is stunning! I love the texture and the depth...just stunning! And...happy mail and a happy ending! Perfect.

Lindsay said...

So so fun Jen! LOVE that big flower and the bit of glossy accent on it!

Sylvia said...

You asked where I lived now, I live in Round Rock, Texas(suberb of Austin) in a community. I have always lived in open areas, so I don't get the views now, just neighbors. Have a wonderful Sunday!

Dawny P said...

What a lovely card and such lovely colours as well :) Thank you for joining us over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge. Hugs, Dawny x

Kirsty, New Zealand said...

oh WOW this card is stunning ... the detail in the flower is amazing, i can't imagine how long a card like this would take to make!

Brandi said...

This is so pretty! I love the glitter, woodgrain pattern and how the flower pops off the card!

LeAnne said...

Definitely a cool card! How stunning is this? Thanks for sharing with us at CQC!

Diane Jaquay said...

LOVE that flower!!!

Anonymous said...

WOW... love the colors and how that flower just POPS off the page. So pretty.

Lesley said...

Love your gorgeous card! It is so eye-catching! Vibrant! TFS!
Smiles,
Lesley

Unknown said...

The b/g texture really pops this flower...fabulous paper piecing!

Arielle H Gordon said...

Wow, I really love this! Congrats on being "co" colourQueen this week & thank you so much for your gorgeous entry!

Jenny said...

Congrats to my fellow ColourQ, can't think of a better gal to share it with :)
Jenny x

Deborah Frings said...

For some reason I've not commented on this - it's wonderful! Love the big flower. Many congratulations on being a joint Colour Queen - it's well deserved!