Friday, February 21, 2014

Wish Big


Happy Friday!  Popping in quickly with a card before I dash off to work.  This card is for the current RetroSketches sketch and I used the same s.e.i papers as the other day.  I like the way Laurie used a negative die cut on her card and I did the same with my star.  I layered some paper behind it and added a gem to make it pop a little more.
Any big plans for the weekend?  Aside from the usual swimming and walking of the hound there isn't too much on my agenda.  Luis is renting a power washer for the weekend so I think it's probably best that I duck into the Craft Cave and stay out of his way!  Hope you have a good one!  


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Bazzill
Patterned Paper:  (On The Coast 12x12) s.e.i
Stamp:  (Sentiment from Star Prints) Papertrey Ink
Ink:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko
Die:  (Seeing Stars) Papertrey Ink
Gem:  Doodlebug

10 comments:

Alanna said...

Super cute. Love the patterned paper.

Lindsey said...

That paper behind the star _almost_ makes it look like you did a little string art behind the die cut... but I think I know you better than that, Jen. ;) It's a great card, and must feel good to be using some of these older papers!

Bobby said...

I love the paper behind the star and that swirly sentiment just sets it off.

Deepti said...

Love that sweet star :) It's a good decision to cave into crafts as power washing might wash off our ideas ;)

Cathy Weber said...

Cute idea to layer the patterned paper behind the die cut negative Jen...this is a very fun and happy card!

wienerhoneymooners said...

LOVE this Jen!!!!! Awesomely done!!!

XxJULESxX said...

wow love this!! fab

Lisa Petrella said...

Super fun take on the sketch, Jen! And I agree that it is definitely best to steer completely clear of the power washer. Hope you had a wonderfully crafty weekend!

Jessi Fogan said...

I love the pattern behind the star! Awesome. And definitely hide from the pressure washer, otherwise you'll end up having to help! lol :)

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Such a striking, feel-good card, Jen.
Love the fresh, bright colours.
Thanks for choosing my card for an honourable mention over at CASology.
I was so thrilled to see it there.
Caroline xxx