Thursday, February 27, 2014

CAS(E) This sketch #66


Welcome to Week 66 of CAS(E) This Sketch!  Take a look at this week's sketch by Julie Day:


I decided to break out my severely neglected Distress Inks for this card.  I cut a scalloped mask and went to work with my inks.  I'm not great at this technique.  No matter how careful I am I always get ink under the mask.   After a few attempts though I finally got a clean image.  I stamped the Paper Smooches kite and clouds and then paper pieced them and popped up the kite.  I added a few pink gems under the sentiment to help tie it into the design a little more.  As always I can't wait to see what you come up with so check out the rest of the gorgeous DT designs and get craftin'!    

Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Bazzill
Patterned Paper:  (Allison Kreft Sweet Note 6x6) Webster's Pages
Stamps:  (Kite & Clouds from Cut Loose, Sentiment from Many Thanks) Paper Smooches
Ink:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko, (Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Stormy Sky) Ranger Distress Inks
Die:  (Nesties Classic Scalloped Rectangles Large) Spellbinders
Gems:  Recollections

12 comments:

Ardyth said...

Love the echo of the clouds in the scalloped edge of the sky!

Leigh Penner said...

Super sweet take on the sketch, Jen!

Lindsey said...

I see no problems with this masking -- if you hadn't said, I would have assumed it was an added layer. Really nice. We have the wind for kite-flying right now, but... no. :P

Alanna said...

This is so cute. Love the scene you created.

Joni Andaya said...

Totally FUN!!! Love this!!!

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Such a fab, positive card and it was a great idea to use masking.
Caroline xxx

Julia Aston said...

what a fun card Jen!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

What a cute, fun card!!!

Joyce said...

Love your paper pieced kite and clouds--those little bow thingies on the kite are especially sweet. And, your masking and sponging is top notch. Very cool sketch this week. I'm hoping to play.

~amy~ said...

WOW.....awesome inky goodness!!!

Bobby said...

I think your inking is great. Love those swirly clouds and the bright kite.

Chrissy Larson said...

This is absolutely amazing, Jen! I love you inking and those clouds pop off the page! LOVE IT!