Thursday, February 20, 2014

CAS(E) This Sketch #65


Welcome to Week 65 of CAS(E) This Sketch!  Take a look at this week's sketch by Sam Simpson:



When I saw Sam's sketch I immediately thought of the Paper Smooches Crystal Clear set.  I love the sweet and simple vases and flowers!  I kept a simple colour palette and did some more embossing on vellum.  Why was I so afraid of this before?  It gives such a lovely soft look!  Anyway be sure to take a gander at all the yummy DT creations and then play along with us!  Can't wait to see what you all come up with!



Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Bazzill, (Primrose Petals, Raspberry Ripple) Stampin' Up
Vellum:  Strathmore
Stamps:  (Leaves & flowers from Crystal Clear, Sentiment from Healthy Vibes) Paper Smooches
Ink:  (VersaMark, VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko, (Primrose Petals, Gumball Green) Stampin' Up
Embossing Powder:  (Clear) Ranger
Dies:  (Crystal Clear 3) Paper Smooches
Gems:  Recollections

16 comments:

Cathy Weber said...

This is a cute one! I have to start thinking what I want to put inside a little jar! Love that you used little vases in place of the jars Jen.

Julia Aston said...

These colorful pots of blooms are the perfect thing to help someone feel better Jen!

~amy~ said...

This is perfect!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, what a perfect take on this week's sketch, Jen! I love it!

Leigh Penner said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Deepti said...

This is so sweet :) I like that u stamped only leaf in one, only flower in another and both in the third vase, cool idea !!

lostinpaper said...

The overlayed vellum sentiment is perfect Jen!

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous card! I love these PS vases and flowers and your color combo is fabulous! Thanks so much for inspiring us this week!

Lindsey said...

Jen! Never be afraid of vellum heat embossing! :D I really like the perfect simplicity of the design and colours.

Lindsey said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Bobby said...

Lucky you to have a stamp set that fit the challenge perfectly. Love the colors and the embossed vellum.

sandie said...

I love that you kept the colours simple, simple and dramatic. I am also scared of vellum and don't have any...will need to rectify that soon!

Jessi Fogan said...

Embossing on vellum can go wrong fast, that's why :) All it takes is that one 'oh, just one extra blast' and next thing you know....it takes time to be comfortable with how to do it. Or a desire to see firemen, whatever :P
I love the colours you've used - the green leaves are like my favourite ever green!

Chriss Blagrave said...

Beautiful stamping and colours, perfect for this wonderful sketch!

Judy1223 said...

A PERFECT take on the skecth, Jen!

Betty said...

Pretty card, Jen. Love your green stamped vellum.