Saturday, February 1, 2014

A Bit o' Twine


I was recently asked to make some bright and cheery thank you cards so I decided to dig into my patterned paper stash a bit more.  This Simple Stories paper was pretty popular a year or so ago. I'm always so behind on the trends!  Anyway I made a few different cards and since this one used some twine I thought I'd enter it at the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge to use twine or string. Here's another of them (although this one is twine-free). I'll share some more later.  Hope you're having a lovely weekend!




Supplies Used:

Top Card
Cardstock:  (White) Bazzill, (Riding Hood Red, Daffodil Delight) Stampin' Up
Patterned Paper:  (Summer Fresh 6x6) Simple Stories
Dies:  (Notebook Basic, Thanks Word) Paper Smooches, (Die-Namics Chevron Stripes, Die-Namics Flower Trio) My Favourite Things
Twine:  (Lemondrop) The Twinery
Gem:  (Ladybug assortment) Doodlebug

Bottom Card
Cardstock:  (Riding Hood Red) Stampin' Up
Patterned Paper:  (Summer Frsh 6x6) Simple Stories
Die:  (Spiral Notebook Page) Papertrey Ink, (Thanks Word) Paper Smooches
Washi:  (Yellow) Pebbles
Other:  (Wood Veneer Paper) Simon Says Stamp

13 comments:

~amy~ said...

These are awesome. Love the twine and washi!

Lynn said...

Too super fun cards...love the patterned paper. These are awesome Jen!

Lynn said...

Two! Not Too!

Bobby said...

I love pattern paper and have gotten away from it lately. Maybe it's time to get back in. You did it wonderfully. Great happy cards.

Cathy Weber said...

Oh wow! I have that patterned paper and those dies! I love it when I see a card I want to CASE and don't have to wait until I can purchase the ingredients! This is very cute...love the patterned paper with the notebook die. I always seem to think you have to use a solid or muted paper with it. You just showed me a whole new way to use it!

Judy1223 said...

J, I love both cards...I especially love your patterned papers...gorgeous colors!

Joyce said...

These are both fabulous, and I love the papers you chose. I think I may even have them, although how would I know such a thing??? Anyway, pretty papers never go out of style.

Lin said...

Love the papers and washi tape you mixed together for your card, Jen! Thanks for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

Lindsey said...

What do you mean behind... I still have at least half my Summer Fresh pad! ;) I think you've inspired me to use some more of it -- these are such pretty thank you cards. :)

Jessi Fogan said...

I might have some smidges of this pad left...I was pretty addicted to it! Pretty papers definitely don't go out of style :)

lostinpaper said...

Cracking out some fab design paper here GF, I would hoard this one 4eva! Love both cards Jen!

Deepti said...

Love these cards, I like ur choice of pattern papers and the layout :)

cm said...

Wonderfully delightful! And you've accomplished your goal: these are cheery, fun and, yes, fabulous! (see I keep repeating myself, but your cards ARE fabulous!).
c