Thursday, February 6, 2014

CAS(E) This Sketch #63


Welcome to Week 63 of CAS(E) This Sketch!  Take a look at this week's sketch designed by Joni Andaya:




This stamp is a prime example of NBUS - Never Before Used Schtuff.  I bought it at least 3 years ago and it has been steadily collecting dust ever since.  What amazes me is that it came to mind at all considering how long it's been neglected but somehow it sent out it's "Use Me" vibes and called me to it.  I stamped it multiple times on different Stampin' Up cardstock - colours provided by this week's ColourQ challenge!  Then I fussy cut the different layers and flowers (and yes, some bad words may have slipped out while trimming those tiny little blooms!).  I like the final result though so I guess it was worth the effort.  I'm looking forward to seeing your efforts with this sketch so go check out the rest of the designs from the team and then get to work!



ETA:  I had also planned to add this to the current Simon Says Wednesday Have a Heart challenge.



Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (Pink Pirouette, Regal Rose, Melon Mambo, Real Red, Raspberry Ripple, Strawberry Slush) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Hugs & kisses medallion) Hero Arts, (Sentiment from Oh Happy DAy) Avery Elle
Ink:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko
Die:  (Nesties Standard Circles Large) SpellbindersOther:  (Black Enamel Accents) Ranger

11 comments:

Lindsey said...

Love this, Jen! So bright and fun. It was so nice of that stamp to call out to you, it's perfect. :)

Lynn said...

Oh my gosh Jen...this was definitely worth the effort. This card is amazing...love the layers yet it still feels very CAS to me.

Bobby said...

This looks very folk arty to me and I was even more impressed when you said you cut out all those flowers. Beautiful job.

Jessi Fogan said...

oh em gee. I can just imagine the blue air! Totally worth the final effect - this is stunning!

Deepti said...

This is sooooo adorable :) love all the sentiments

Michelle said...

So pretty! The pinks and reds are just beautiful!

Leigh Penner said...

Wonderful take on the sketch, Jen!

Chrissy Larson said...

I love the layers on this. You make it look like a snap. WOW!

Laura Sterckx said...

Gorgeous card! The reds and pinks are so pretty! I love the heart as well, the flowers are adorable! Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge Blog!

cm said...

Wow, Jen, so glad you listened to the stamp's 'use me' vibe, because even though plenty of time, energy and maybe a few moments of gahhhh were invested, the result: amazing! Artsy, folksy - call it what you will: I love it!
c

Lisa Lara said...

This makes me smile Jen.