Sunday, April 8, 2018

Flowers & Birdie


Life has felt a little crazy this week so I was happy to grab some crafty time today and play along with some challenges.  First up is a card for the current Paper Smooches Spring challenge using the palette from The Colour Throwdown.  It's an all die cut card which I don't do very often.  The flowers are Paper Smooches and the Thank You is from Poppy Stamps.  I used Nuvo Crystal Drops for the flower centres.



    












Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (Textured White) Bazzill, (Real Red, Pretty In Pink, Mint Macaron, Basic Black) Stampin' Up
Dies:  (Dainty Flowers 2) Paper Smooches, (Thank You) Poppy Stamps
Other:  (Ebony Black Nuvo Crystal Drops) Tonic



Next up is a card for Freshly Made Sketches using some ancient My Mind's Eye papers, another Poppy Stamps die and an Avery Elle sentiment.  I am chipping away at the patterned paper stash little by little but it could still probably last me another 10 years!  



Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Papertrey Ink
Patterned Paper:  (Bloom & Grow 12x12) My Mind's Eye
Stamps:  (Sentiment from All Squared Up) Avery Elle
Inks:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko
Dies:  (Serene Bird) Poppy Stamps
Gems:  Recollections
Other:  (Ebony Black Nuvo Crystal Drops) Tonic

6 comments:

Lindsey said...

Crafty time - I didn't have any this week either! I'm glad you found time today, because these are great cards. I like the contrast of the black with the springlike colours of the first card, and the second is gorgeous with the patterned papers!

Linda Callahan said...

I love your clean style! Bright, colorful and oh so perfect for spring! Glad you joined us at FMS!

lostinpaper said...

Your little flower garden makes me so very happy Jen!

Anita in France said...

Looks like a lovely springtime meadow, Jen ... those little blooms are just so pretty! Sweet bird, delicious pp colours, and clever placement for that tiny black eye! Hugs, Anita :)

Jen Brum said...

Great cards! Love the mix of patterned paper and that sweet bird! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Lori said...

Great design! Love your clean and simple die cut design. Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown!