Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Button Flowers & Butterfly


I've got two cards to share today.  First up is for Inspired by All the Little Things.  I was doing some tidying in my craft room and found these ancient Sassafrass flower stickers.  I put them together with some die cut Paper Smooches stems and an Essentials by Ellen sentiment.  Quick and easy but colorful and fun.      


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Papertrey Ink, (Wild Wasabi, Basic Black) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Sentiment from 12 Days Companion Greetings) Essentials by Ellen
Inks:  (VersaMark) Tsukineko
Embossing Powder:  (Opaque Bright White Super Fine) Wow
Dies:  (Stems from Dainty Flowers & Dainty Flowers 2) Paper Smooches
Stickers:  Sassafrass
Gems:  Recollections



Next up is for the Just Us Girls black and white stripes challenge.  I initially tried making white stripes on black cardstock using embossing paste but it all went horribly wrong so I went back to the drawing board.  I wanted broad stripes but only found skinny stripes in my patterned paper collection.  I finally just trimmed pieces of black and white cardstock and die cut them with a stitched square to create the little panel.  The PTI butterfly is cut from hot pink DCWV glitter paper.


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Papertrey Ink, (Basic Grey, Basic Black) Stampin' Up, (Pink glitter) DCWV
Stamps:  (Sentiment from Think Big Favourites 5)) Papertrey Ink
Inks:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko
Dies:  (Butterfly) Papertrey Ink, (Stitched square) Lil' Inker Designs
Gems:  (Large gem) Doodlebug, (Small gems) Recollections

7 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Great cards!

lostinpaper said...

Those sticker flowers are sooo cute and perfect for Mother's Day!

Macimbalo said...

Beautiful cards! Your stripes are perfect for this week's challenge! Thanks so much for linking up this week at JUGS!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Your big ole bfly looks fabulous against the "made" stripes! Well done - Thanks for joining in at JUGS

Cat Craig said...

I can see how the photo inspired your darling card with those cute flowers.

Darnell said...

Your Mother's Day card is so mod and colorful, Jen! I love it!! I had a chuckle about your black and white stripes ... we have all this fancy stuff and sometimes all we need is a paper cutter, but I'm glad you kept at it, because it's glittery and gorgeous, too! Thank you for joining Inspired By All the Little Things! Hugs, Darnell

Bobby said...

Your little button centered flowers are so whimsical, Jen. I'm glad you persevered with your stripes. The wide ones look great behind your glittery butterfly. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Just Us Girls.