Sunday, April 29, 2018

Graduation Squared


I've got cards for two different sketch challenges today.  First up is for CAS Colours and Sketches.  Simon Says has a few of these "Stacked" dies (stars, flowers, diamonds) and I love them all!  For these stars I inked up some card stock with Distress inks and then die cut them from it.  The sentiment is from an awesome graduation set from Lil' Inker. 


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Papertrey Ink, (Basic Black) Stampin' Up
Stamp:  (Sentiment from Grad Class) Lil' Inker Designs
Ink:  (VersaMark) Tsukineko (Candied Apple, Carved Pumpkin, Fossilized Amber, Twisted Citron, Mermaid Lagoon, Wilted Violet) Ranger
Embossing Powder:  (Opaque Bright White Super Fine) Wow
Dies:  (Stacked Stars) Simon Says Stamp
Gems:  Recollections



Next up is a card for Freshly Made Sketches.  I love these layered sentiment dies.  A lot of companies are doing them now but this one is from Honey Bee who I think did some of the first.  The cap is from the same Lil' Inkers set as the sentiment on the first card.


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Papertrey Ink, (Tangerine Tango, Basic Black) Stampin' Up
Patterned Paper:  (Fun & Frolic 6x6) My Favourite Things
Stamp:  (Grad cap from Grad Class) Lil' Inker Designs
Ink:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko 
Dies:  (Congrats) Honey Bee Stamps
Gems:  Doodlebug

7 comments:

Bananastamper said...

Fun grad cards - tis the season! I love the rainbow of colours on the first. The sentiment "pops" beautifully on the second one. I tried out that sketch last night, but flipped it. You have used it well. Happy Sunday!
Shanna

Lindsey said...

These are great! Perfect for anyone, so I'll have to come back for inspiration when I get around to making the only one I need this year. (It's for a male, always tougher. :D)

Tracey McNeely said...

Jen those are both fantastic grad cards, I guess it is that time of year again! Thank you for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Narelle Farrugia said...

What totally fabulous grad cards! i love your choice of colours. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Wei said...

Love how you've used the stacked stars die. A wonderful take on the sketch! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS Colours & Sketches this week. Hope we can see your beautiful cards in our future galleries soon.

Patricia Hays said...

The stars die is really cool! It looks great with the spectrum of colors. I'm glad our CC&S sketch inspired you - thanks for sharing your card with us! :)

Bobby said...

Fabulous graduation cards, Jen. Those rainbow stars really shine and I'm with you on the layered sentiments. The orange really pops off the black.