Saturday, August 25, 2012

Just Us Girls #151


Good morning and welcome to my final week as Guest Designer for Just Us Girls.  I've had such a fun time playing along and want to thank the JUGS ladies for inviting me to be a part of such a great team for the last 4 weeks!  This week we have a photo inspiration challenge.  I was drawn to the tea cups and tea pot and was planning to use the soft pastel colours of the photo as well - but then I got side tracked.  The sentiment made me think of starting the morning with a nice cuppa and that made me think of a sunrise which led me to the medallions.  (It made sense in my brain anyway...) So where will your brain take you when you look at this picture?  Pop over to the JUGS blog to see the gorgeous gallery from the Design Team and then play along!  You have until 9pm EST on Thursday, 30 August.


I'm also going to enter this at the Focal Point Challenge at the Moxie Fab World.

Supplies Used
Cardstock: (White) Bazzill, (So Saffron, More Mustard) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Teapot & sentiment from Coffee & Tea) Purple Onion Designs, Small medallion & border from Mehndi Medallions) WPlus9, (Large medallion from Mehndi Medallion) PTI
Ink:  (Pumpkin Pie, More Mustard, Rich Razzleberry) Stampin' Up

Gems:  (Bumble Bee assortments) Doodlebug
Copics:  Y21 & V06

13 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Jen your card is absolutly amazing! Your colour scheme is awesome and your design is fantastic! Very CASEable but I need to go shopping now. LOL

lostinpaper said...

Yummy, purple & orange together!! I had these colours & lime green for the decorations for my 21st birthday party... just a little while ago now, but I digress... Super sweet design Jen!

Karen B. said...

Your thought process makes sense to me! love your dainty card.

Lynn said...

Love that you went with a bolder color scheme Jen...absolutely fabulous! Love those medallions! We'll miss having you at Just Us Girls!!

Marisa said...

Love the layered doilies and the cute little lace stamped along the horizontal. Thanks for being a great Guest Designer this month too :)

Lindsey said...

I do like it when inspirations go off on a tangent. :) I think this is a great card that still has its roots in the challenge photo. Nice! (Mmmm, tea...) :D

Jessi Fogan said...

So glad I'm not the only one who gets inspiration ADD ;) At least you could follow the idea trail back! I really love the lacey patterns, and these colours are fab together - the purple really pops!

Chan said...

Love the warmth of this colour combo, Jen! That teapot and sentiment are so cute, too! :o)

Kirsty, New Zealand said...

so pleased you didn't go with pastels, love the big pops of colour .. missed you xx

Maureen Morton said...

Love this layered focal, Jen! So glad you used these warm and fuzzy colors....I can feel the warmth. Congrats on a great stint at JUGS - you did good (again!), kiddo!

Emily Leiphart said...

Gorgeous card, Jen! I love that lacy border and the colours look awesome together!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Jen! Thanks for linking this up to the Focal Point Challenge in the Moxie Fab World. I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Helen F. said...

Such a pretty combination of colors. Love this card, Jen! Congrats on your GS at Just Us Girls ~ great job!