Sunday, August 12, 2012

Type Hype


Cath found a really fun vintage typewriter for the latest Tuesday Trigger at the Moxie Fab World.  I was inspired by the colourful keys and the way they seem to float above the typewriter so I popped my letters up on thick foam tape.  I added PTI's Book Print impression plate in the background for some extra texture. 

The thank you is for all of you who left such sweet and thoughtful comments regarding the loss of Jem.  Luis and I were really touched by all your well wishes.  I still keep expecting Jem to come bounding around the corner with his goofy smile.  I think it's going to be a while before that feeling fades.

Supplies Used
Cardstock: (Off-white) Pacon, (Poppy Parade, Daffodil Delight, Tempting Turquoise, Basic Black) Stampin' Up
Dies:  (Block Alphabet) PTI

Impression Plate:  (Book Print) PTI
Punches:  (1" circle) EK Success, (Corner rounder) Marvy Uchida

15 comments:

Ardyth said...

Love, love, love, love, love! Way to break it down to the essential elements of the inspiration - you really nailed this one! (I like to think that eventually, I might have come up with something like this, but probably not lol!)

Jenny said...

You always come up with brilliant designs for the TT challenge!! love the popped up letters :0)
Jenny x

lostinpaper said...

Such a unique take on the TT and soooo totally clever! I had a 'now why didn't I think of that moment' for sure!!

Jessi Fogan said...

This looks so uber cool! And that feeling will take a long time to fade - that's not much consolation, but he was a big part of your lives and still will be for a while. How's Atti? Big hugs to all of you :)

None None said...

This is beautiful, Jen! I love how you interpreted the inspiration photo! You are so clever and you always amaze me. Love that embossed background.

My thoughts are still with you, Luis and Atticus during this time. Sending you lots of hugs across the miles.

Lindsey said...

What a perfect card for this challenge! Hope you're doing okay.

~amy~ said...

This is simply perfect!!!!

Darnell said...

You "keyed" this one, Jen! I'm glad you are able to craft and hope that it takes you to your happy place for short periods of time.

Joyce said...

Super card, and great take on the challenge. Those colored letters are very fun. Hugs.

Anonymous said...

Love the way you've tackled this- particularly like the embossed background. Love it!

Jacquie Southas said...

great card - love the embossed background and the popped up letters

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Jen! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

So glad to hear you sounding a little brighter even if you are not feeling it! Don't be too hard on yourself. Love the funky design. You nailed this challenge! Hugs xxx

JJ Bolton said...

Awesome take on the trigger! The debossed background is the perfect detail:)

Lindsey said...

Lovely embossed background. V striking