Monday, August 13, 2012

Heartsong


Today I snuck away from my gargantuan To Do list for a while and spent some time in the Craft Cave.  I decided to play along with the latest sketch challenge at Skipping Stones Design and to try and use some patterned paper.  Unfortunately those polka dots overwhelm the sweet sentiment: 
"A friend is someone who sings your heart's song back to you when you have forgotten the words." David Coppola  
I may go back to it at some point and try and rework it so you can read it.  For now though I like the colours - not ones I'd normally put together - so I thought I'd let it have it's moment in the sun.

Supplies Used
Cardstock: (Kraft) PTI, (Cajun Craze) Stampin' Up

Patterned Paper:  (Green from Loyal collection) Authentique
Stamps:  (All from Heartsong) Skipping Stones Design

Ink:  (Chocolate Chip) Stampin' Up

6 comments:

Jay Gee said...

It's a very sweet card Jen. I like the colours too and the green strip with the music notes :)

Karen B. said...

Such a great card, your color combo is cool. Thanks for joining in at SSD!

Lindsey said...

What a beautiful image that bird stamp is. Interesting colour combo, and it really does work here! I'd imagine the sentiment's easier to see IRL. Nice!

Jessi Fogan said...

I still like it, even if I can't read it :) Sometimes I mean to do that ;) I like the strip of notes, and those colours are really fab together & pop on the kraft (must get more kraft...must stop leaving it as a blog comment & actually GET SOME, duh.)

lostinpaper said...

What an amazing sentiment, I've not heard that before, but it's so true! Sweet bird image and fab music border, it just all flows so well together!

~amy~ said...

tweet card...TGIF!