Saturday, August 18, 2012

Just Us Girls #150


Good morning and welcome to my third week as Guest Designer for the fabulous Just Us Girls challenge!  This week is a colour challenge - warm fall colours with a pop of blue.  I dug deep into my Unity stamp collection and found these sweet pumpkins from the September 2010 Kit of the Month. I paper pieced them and popped them up on some Pop Dots and added woodgrain debossing to the card base to complete the rustic feel.  Ready to play along? First pop over to the Just Us Girls blog and check out the gorgeous creations from the design team and then get to work!  You have until 9pm EST on Thursday, 23 August.

Supplies Used
Cardstock: (Kraft) Gina K, (Pumpkin Pie, Cajun Craze, Baja Breeze) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Pumpkins & sentiment from Sept '10 KOM - When I Am With You) Unity
Ink:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko
Impression Plate:  (Woodgrain) PTI

Gems:  (Lily White assortment) Doodlebug

20 comments:

Karen B. said...

Such a sweet fall card, the distribution of color is perfect.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fabulous use of the colors keeping your card CAS! Well done~

Lynn said...

I love the woodgrain background. It is awesome with the sweet little banner..pumpkins...and the gems are the absolute perfect touch!

Maureen Morton said...

Even tho I don't like Fall (I want summer all year!), I love this card. So warm and cozy with that touch of blue....I have missed keeping up with you while I was out of town, but am happy to see you are doing as brilliantly as ever!

Marisa said...

Great CAS card. Love it!! Wonderful take on the challenge.

Susie W. said...

Beautiful use of the challenge colors! When I first saw the colors, I thought that it would be difficult to make a card using so many bold colors. But...you've done it perfectly!

Lisa Kind said...

I just love this card! Pumpkins and fall are my fav time of the year! You really used the colors wonderfully too!

Lesley said...

This is wonderful Jen, the wood grain makes those pumpkins pop! Love the clean look!

None None said...

This is beautiful, Jen! I love the woodgrain embossed background and the bling is the perfect accent. Makes me ready for fall!

Tracey McNeely said...

Fantatsic CAS fall card Jen!

Jenny said...

Brilliant way to use those colours...I would never have thought of pumpkins!!! Fab CAS card :0)
Jenny x

lostinpaper said...

Great autumn design! The embossed bg is perfect with those pumpkins!

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Fabulous!! Love the texture of the wood grain! Great job with these colors! Might have to take a stab at them!

kingstonmama said...

Fab pumpkins! Love the placement of the gems and the texture of the card base. ann

Carol L said...

I love how you added color and texture galore and still kept this CAS! Love the bling accents too!

Jessi Fogan said...

Oh, come on, fall! I am so tired of the heat & humidity. Give me cool crisp air any day :) Love these sweet pumpkins, and the pop of blue & silver is so unexpectedly perfect!

JJ Bolton said...

So sweet! That blue banner really gives it that something extra! Hope you're having a great weekend:)

Lindsey said...

Perfect! That pop of blue really works with the autumn tones.

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

You are doing such a fab job at your guest gig over at JUGS! This is simple but nought full! Hugs xxx

Christina said...

Love those pumpkins with the soft blue banner! And of course the woodgrain background makes my little heart flutter. :)