Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Casology #6


Welcome to Week 6 of Casology!  Here's the cue card for this week:



Nothing says school more than ABCs and 123s!  I paper pieced some Lawn Fawn letters and numbers onto this PTI spiral notebook die cut (which is one of those ones I HAD to have yet have barely used...).  I thought it needed just a little something else though so I did some tone-on-tone stamping on the card base.  It adds some interest and texture without going too far outside the realm of CAS.

Have a hop around and visit the rest of the DT for some fantastic inspiration:



Also this week's guest designer:

Link up your creations to the CASology blog and remember that submissions are due by Sunday, 19 August at noon CST.



Supplies Used
Cardstock: (White) Bazzill, (Kraft) PTI, (Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Pacific Point, Rich Razzleberry) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Letter from Quinn's ABCs, Numbers from Quinn's 123s) Lawn Fawn, (Lines from School Time) PTI
Ink:  (VersaMark, VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko
Die:  (Spiral Notebook Page) PTI

20 comments:

Ardyth said...

Fun card, but now I've got Michael Jackson's song in my head! lol!

shirley-bee said...

Well I didn't have until I read Ardyth's comment! I love the spiral notebook die cut, and I like the added lines on the cardstock.

Lisa Elton said...

Very cute, love the bright colors popping of the notebook page!

Tracey McNeely said...

What a great card Jen, the abc..123 pops right off the page and I love it on the notebook page.

Melissa said...

Oh, good grief...thanks to Ardyth I'll be fighting that tune all day! LOL!
Love this cute take on this week's cue word! The simple, bright letters and numbers really stand out against the kraft school-lined card base! Love it!

Chunyuan said...

cute and CAS school card.

Jessi Fogan said...

Yep, everyone point at Ardyth :) Now I have it too! Unbelievably fabulous paper piecing, Jen - love the colours you chose & the incredible fussy cutting going on.

Joyce said...

Super simple and super fun. Love this card.

Brandi said...

Adorable!

Lindsey said...

That practice printing lines background is absolutely perfect for this card, Jen! (I will confess, I'm glad I no longer suffer back-to-school flu every August...) :P

Lynn said...

Great card Jen...love those pops of color on the white and the kraft base with the paper stamped is perfect. Isn't it funny how we have to have something and then don't use it much? I'm trying really hard to buy what I know really fits my style, but I'm rarely really successful...simply too many fun goodies.

Gillian R said...

Great card, I too now have the Michael Jackson song in my head

Rosemary said...

brilliant card!!!

Darnell said...

This is amazing, Jen! I adore what you did with the cardstock, making it look like old-fashioned school paper. Superb!!

~amy~ said...

perfect school time card!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Simple but super cool! Great job Jen! Hugs xxx

lostinpaper said...

Another great challenge and your card is perfect, especially with the kraft paper bg!

Michelle said...

Very nice! Beautiful CAS card!

Suze Bain said...

Love the notebook page with the brightly coloured numbers and letters. A fab card. xx

Emily Leiphart said...

I love the colourful letters and CAS design! I'm going to have to start calling you queen fussy cutter! ;)