Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Inspired By Challenge


I managed to squeeze in a bit of time in the Craft Cave today to play along with Laurel Seabrook's Inspired By challenge.  I love the bold colours in the inspiration picture and was especially drawn to the trees.  It was just the push I needed to finally break out my Spring Groves stamps from Paper Smooches' Kismet Collection.  How cute are those lollipop trees?  I paper pieced them and popped them up on Pop Dots at a few different heights.  Couldn't live without my Pop Dots...


Supplies Used:
Cardstock: (White) Bazzill, (Kraft) Gina K,  (Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Trees from Spring Groves, Sentiment from Chit Chat) Paper Smooches
Ink:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko
Punch:  (Corner rounder) Marvy Uchida
Eyelets:  Making Memories
Embroidery Floss:  DMC

19 comments:

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Jen! This is fab! Did you fussy cut all that paper? You are amazing! Hugs xxx

Jackie Rockwell said...

This is fantastic! My favorite color palette and the dimension of the trees looks great!

Jen M said...

This is SUPER! Seriously awesome card.

JJ Bolton said...

Seriously loving the fussy cutting! And the eyelets! Eyelets are underrated:) The trees look awesome popped up at different heights.

Hope you're doing well!

~amy~ said...

Oh My Word...I love it.

kingstonmama said...

LOVE your colorful forest. Those lollipop trees are adorable. :) Ann

lostinpaper said...

It's a stunner Jen! LOVE those lollipop trees, especially funky in those autumn colours!

Jessi Fogan said...

*love*!What a fabulous way to attach the sentiment (and don't we all have buckets of eyelets? I do.) Must try that! And as for those trees...I kind of want some like that in my yard :)

Michelle said...

So cute! I love the colours, and the paper-piecing is perfect!

Lynn said...

Put this one at the top of my favorites. It is absolutely stunning...love, love, love it Jen!!

Ardyth said...

This would have been stunning just stamped flat, but the dimension really makes you see the forest in the trees, so to speak! Great card (love those fall colours - can't wait!)

Laurel said...

This is fantastic, great use of that set! Thanks for playing!

Courtney K said...

love those trees and they look awesome all layered together.

Karen B. said...

Amazing! Bright colors are perfect for these images, and your card is just perfect!

Emily Leiphart said...

Wow, I totally love this! The colours and paper piecing are brilliant!

Jenny said...

Those Autumn colours look amazing....I hope they really do look that good this year :0) Love the tied tag sentiment :0)
Jenny x

Lindsey said...

You and me... pop dots and embossing powder! :D These trees look amazing all overlapped. Love it!

Lyndal said...

GORGEOUS card Jen - LOVE the colours & dimension!

Tracey McNeely said...

Oh I love this original Jen--the colours are fantastic!