Saturday, August 11, 2012

Just Us Girls #149



Hi all.  I'm back for my second week as August Guest Designer for Just Us Girls.  It's technique week and this time we are to use ribbon scraps.  I don't usually use much ribbon on my cards (despite how much of it is in the Craft Cave) so this was a good challenge for me.  I ended up making two different cards and using my ribbon scraps in different ways. For the first card I layered the scraps behind a die cut negative and for the second I stamped on the ribbon itself.  I used StazOn ink when I stamped on the ribbon so the ink wouldn't run and was pleased with how crisp the images ended up.  Head on over to the Just Us Girls blog to check out all the gorgeous creations from the JUGS team and then play along!  You have until 9pm EST on Thursday, 16 August!

Supplies Used

Elephant Card
Cardstock: (White) Bazzill, (Real Red, Island Indigo) Stampin' Up
Stamp:  (Sentiment from Hanging Out) PTI
Ink:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko
Dies:  (Heart Prints & Sweet Baby) PTI

Punch:  (Corner rounder) Marvy Uchida
Gems:  (Beetle Black assortment) Doodlebug


Banner Card
Cardstock: (White) Bazzill
Stamps:  (Images & sentiment from Petite Cherub) Rusty Pickle
Ink:  (StazOn Jet Black) Tsukineko, (Basic Grey) Stampin' Up
Gems:  (Cupcake assortment) Doodlebug

10 comments:

Jessi Fogan said...

LOVE THAT BABY ELEPHANT! So cute with the hearts - and craziness, I just made a pink ome with the same sort of layout. That's nuts! As for the stamping on ribbon, it looks amazing - I've never had any luck with it, but I've never tried wide grosgrain. I sense another stab at it coming up.

lostinpaper said...

I LOVE ribbon, but barely use it... maybe I should get into the stash! Thanks for the inspiration and gentle reminder.... ps Adore the elephant and love how you stamped on the ribbon!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Hi Jen! Thes ware both so cute! Love the idea of this challenge! Hope I find the time to play along! Hugs xxx

Maria said...

Both of you cards are absolutely adorable! Wonderful job with the ribbon scraps!!

Karen B. said...

Oh these are too sweet!

Vicki Dutcher said...

ADORABLE CARDS! Love the polka dotted
elephant!

Lindsey said...

Funny, I have a lot of ribbon for the amount I use it, too! I like both of these clever ways for using it a little differently. The stamping on ribbon looks great!

Chunyuan said...

sweet baby cards.

Marisa said...

That little ellie is soo cute :) What a great way to use up some scraps! Great job on this week's challenge!

Lisa Kind said...

These are adorable baby cards Jen! I love your ideas for using up those ribbon scraps!