Wednesday, January 25, 2012

White Bulb



CAS-ual Fridays is celebrating Penguin Awareness Day this week with a black and white challenge. No other colours invited to this party!  I busted out the white embossing powder for my card and guess what I did AGAIN???  Yep, I spilled that entire pot o' powder.   Thankfully this time I spilled it on my crafting mat and not all over the floor.  *Phew!* Crisis averted (although I still said a few naughty words in that initial moment of panic).  Maybe I need to have mellower music playing so there's less bopping about...  


ETA:  I do have extra pots of white EP - I ordered 3 after the last disaster - but no matter how many I have I still hate to spill it!


Cardstock:  (White) Pacon, (Basic Black) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Lightbulb from Faith, Hope, Love...Live By It) Unity Stamp Co,  (Sentiment from Giddy Bugs) Paper Smooches
Inks:  (VersaMark) Tsukineko
Embossing Powder:  (Seafoam White) Ranger

Punch:  (Corner Punch) Marvy Uchida

14 comments:

Lynn said...

I think you need to order extra embossing powder :) I always pour two colors together! So...you're not alone having issues with your embossing powder :)

Love your take on the challenge!

Jocelyn Olson said...

I'm with Lynn...you need to order more white e.p. so you don't have to wait if something happens! Yikes!! I am totally in love with your card. The lightbulb pops against the black. Love the layout you used!

Michelle Short said...

Fab card, love the white against the black and fab stamps xx

Maureen Morton said...

You crack me up! Slippery fingers. I keep my powders in flat tupperware containers (w/a plastic spoon) to avoid so many spills. Anyway this card is "brilliant" - ha! Love the simple graphic style and Paper Smootches has such great font style.

Jenny said...

I think you need to transfer the EP to a wide bottomed pot rather than change the music!! My fave is leaving an inkpad open and brushing my sleeve across it...doh!
Cool card Jen and spot on for the challenge.
Jenny x

Jessi Fogan said...

JEN! I actually said a bad word when I saw that it spilled again...sheesh. At least it's save-able when it's on the craft mat? Teensy bright side, anyhow.
I absolutely LOVE the card, even with the inherent risk of using white EP (for you, I mean, lol) - puns are the best :)

Anonymous said...

CAS wonderfulness! Awesome image and senitment, this is such a fun card Jen, Love it!

Vicky Hayes said...

Worse is leaving the lid off the pot and then blowing it all over the place with the heat gun...! Your card is utterly brilliant Jen!

Karen B. said...

Oh dear, glad you avoided the crisis. Wonderful card, and a really cool idea for it.

Lindsey said...

I can't believe you dumped your white ep again! Too funny. Glad you were able to salvage most of it. ;) And wow, what an awesome card!

Anonymous said...

Awwww man! I'd say a bad word too. I spilled EP all the time, so I started storing all my most used powders in small square tupperware containers with a plastic spoon inside. Just scoop and pour over your stamped image and all the extra goes back into the container.

Seriously LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your b/w card. Just stunning.

Emily Leiphart said...

Crisp, clean and gorgeous!

~Tammy~ said...

I swear I have two thumbs when it comes to embossing powder, glitter or anything messy...I end up making a MESS!

This is terrific! Love that lightbulb!!! Just plain ol fun for sure!

Kirsty, New Zealand said...

nah, bopping's good ... there's always more embossing powder at the store ;)