Sunday, January 22, 2012

Be Whoever You Wanna Be


The last time I entered a Market Street Stamps challenge I said I really had to get some more stamps from them besides background stamps as Hippie Chic was the only non-background set I had.  Despite much temptation I haven't gotten around to ordering any others yet so it's more Hippie Chic for me for January's Paint the Town Challenge.  I was pretty liberal with the pink on this card but there's a touch of sherbet on the lower patch on the dress and an aqua patch as well as the aqua sentiment.  


We took the dogs for a swim this morning but Jem was not diggin' it.  Atti would swim if there were icebergs out there - as long as there's something to fetch he'll go overboard. Jem, however, is not appreciative of the chilly water and figures if we aren't going in then he sure as heck isn't either!  Since he didn't get much of a swim he's bouncing off the walls now so it's off for a walk.  Have a lovely evening!     
Cardstock:  (White, Dark Pink, Sherbet) Bazzill, (Pool Party, Regal Rose) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Hippie Chic) Market Street Stamps
Inks:  (Melon Mambo, Pool Party) Stampin' Up
Punch:  (Corner Punch) Marvy Uchida
Copic:  RV02
  

15 comments:

Lynn said...

Such a sweet card Jen. Can't say I would want to get in the water either!

Tenia Nelson said...

Very cool card!!!

Lindsey said...

Is it warmer yet? It's warmer here -- but still winter, of course. :P Jem and Atticus really would be pushing ice out of their way here! :P
Okay, on to the card, which is awesome! I think this set is perfect for these colours. And good for you holding strong on not buying more... yet. ;)

Jay Gee said...

Sweet card Jen and I did notice the pocket of sherbet! LOL.

Anonymous said...

Such a cute take on the inspiration! What a fabulous dress form! (I'm 'trying' not to buy at the moment.... not going so well though)

Karen B. said...

This set just seems like you, even though I've never met you in real life! Great card.

Kirsty, New Zealand said...

this is going to be a favourite of pollyanna's when she wakes up tomorrow and sees it! it so reminds me of her :)

Jessi Fogan said...

IT may use the same set BUT it still rocks :) I'm going to have to get around to entering one of the challenges there one of these days.
I can't picture Abby swimming in cold water - she barely likes warm water!- but then again, she loves snow. Weird little dog ;)

Vicky Hayes said...

I love the texture to this card Jen. I think Jem is showing his superior intelligence by not fancying a swim in the chilly water!

Maureen Morton said...

This cute card has such a crisp, clean style, Jen! Love how you used the negative space so effectively. Happy swimming!

Christina said...

Darling card, Jen! I love the selectively colored patches. Hope your dogs (and you) had a great walk!

Samantha Casey said...

Adorable card! I love how you colored the little patches on the dress. You did a wonderful job on the challenge! Good luck with the Market Street Stamp's Paint the Town Challenge!
-Sam

~Tammy~ said...

This is one "Hip" card and you used the colors nicely! I don't have any of these stamps yet, so guess who is enabling now????

Anonymous said...

love the solid color background, makes for a great back drop for your sweet cas card.

~amy~ said...

Awesome card!