Monday, January 16, 2012

To Love and Be Loved


Another week of struggling with the colours at the Play Date Cafe.  I don't know why they are giving me such a hard time but I am determined to conquer them!  After much pondering of supplies I decided to play with some PTI stamps for this card.  Since A Passion for Papertrey's current challenge is Valentine's I went for a love theme and ended up with a 2-challenges-for-the-price-of-one card.  After several design attempts (see below for an alternate) I was finally happy with this one.  I used my Sew Easy tool for the first time and I think I'm going to like playing with it!
It's even colder today than it was yesterday - hasn't gotten out of the 50s.  Brrr!  Gonna have to bundle up for Monday Night BBQ!
Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Gina K, (Cherry Cobbler, Elegant Eggplant) Stampin' Up

Stamps:  (Birds and sentiment from Happy Trails, Heart from Tiny Treats: Valentine) PTI
Inks:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko, (Cherry Cobbler, More Mustard, Elegant Eggplant) Stampin' Up
Dies:  (Mat Stack 3, Layerz Mat Stack 3) PTI
Punches:  (Arch Lattice) Martha Stewart, (Corner Punch) Marvy Uchida
Embroidery Floss:  (Deep Red) Making Memories

16 comments:

Lynn said...

I would never know that you struggled with this. Love them both...first one is my favorite!

Karen B. said...

Two great card,s, but the top is my fave...the composition is just exquisite!

Emily Keaton said...

Great use of those bold, rich colors! I love your stitching and how you tasseled the ends of your floss, too. Beautifully CAS!

Vicky Hayes said...

These are both gorgeous Jen. I love the shape the birds and the heart make together !

Anonymous said...

Both cards are fab Jen! Love the stitching and border on the first one! Great take on the colours.. it looks like 'no' struggle from here!

Jenny said...

At least you're taking on the challenge Jen...which is the idea, so good on you for that! These are both gorgeous but I think you settled on my fave too...just love the composition, neat bit of stitching too :)
Jenny x

Jessi Fogan said...

In the 50s, huh? Well, if you want to feel chilly, we had -25C yesterday with the windchill factor :)...but it's supposed to be back up to +2 tomorrow and raining. Weirdest winter this year!
I've been tempted to buy the Sew Easy but I was wondering how well it works, so good to know that you like it! I like the heart hanging from the sentiment on the first card, and the stitching & border punch, and I love the label shape on the second card :)

~amy~ said...

magnificent job on the color challenge!

Anonymous said...

Your use of the colors is just stunning!

Maureen Morton said...

Sometimes you just need to walk away...but your did it! A winner here for sure. Love what you arrived at. Sweet and simple!

~Tammy~ said...

You make these colors look easy girl! Beauty times two!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

WOW! I love that gold/mustard yellow ink you've used--I must get me some of it! I don't think you struggled with these colors! You rocked them:) THANKS so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the PDCC:)

Emily Leiphart said...

Wow, is that really done by Sew Easy? It's amazing! You are so enabling me, dude. Ugh. :P

Kirsty, New Zealand said...

know why you had issues with these colours, they just don't sit right for me as a group ... think it might be the mustard and purple together, too 80's! the detailing at the top and bottom look really cool together.

Aimes said...

Oooh you may have struggled with that colour combo but you rocked it!
Thanks for joining us on A Passion for Papertrey!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Lindsey said...

Your first card is fine, but I'm glad you went for a second attempt, because it is really awesome!