Friday, January 20, 2012

So Long, Wee Memories!


I'm really sad to see the Wee Memories challenges coming to an end although I understand Jenny's reasons for making the decision.  Wee Memories holds a special place in my heart as it's the first challenge that I ever placed in!  My ribbon flower was chosen as one of the Fab 4 last January.  I was so excited to finally add a challenge blinkie to my sidebar.  :)  Anyway, the final challenge is a sketch challenge which almost sent me running in the other direction but I was determined to suck up my sketch fear and not miss out on this special event.  I didn't really think about this before but I guess it's kind of appropriate to have made a sympathy card for the passing of the challenge!  And look at all that patterned paper up there!  It's from Basic Grey's Origins collection - yes, I have a lot of oldie goldies in my stash...  The stamps are Hero Arts.  My thanks to Jenny and the design team for all the fabulous challenges and inspiration and I look forward to seeing what comes next for you all!  :)
Cardstock:  (White) Bazzill, (Early Espresso) Stampin' Up
Patterned Paper:  (Authentic, Sea Salt, Paraffin from the Origins collection) Basic Grey
Stamps:  (Leaves from Delicate Leaf Clusters, Sentiment from With Sympathy) Hero Arts
Ink:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko, (Early Espresso) Stampin' UP!
Dies:  (Nestabilities Labels 10) Spellbinders, (Medium scallop border) PTI
Punch:  (1/16" hole punch) McGill
Twine:  Craft supply

17 comments:

Lynn said...

Look at all the gorgeous patterned paper! I love it! Especially the stamping over it!

Deborah Frings said...

I think it's a lovely sympathy card. The papers are fab and I love the branch stamp.

Melissa said...

What a perfect sympathy card with all that green! Love the leafy branch and the scalloped border!

Emily Leiphart said...

Wow, so pretty, Jen! This is a card I would've liked to see in a magazine. ;)

Jay Gee said...

Well, you are certainly farewelling Wee Memories with a 'bang' Jen! Fabulous card :)

Karen B. said...

Your use of patterned paper lately has me saying wow!

Jenny said...

A very fitting card Jen and all that PP your saying farewell too as well!!
You worked this sketch just fine too!
Have a great wkd :)
Jenny x

Jenny said...

Forgot to say congrats on your win at Young Crafters Unite ... whoop whoop :)
Jenny x

Anonymous said...

Awesome sympathy card, and perfect for this sad occasion.... Love the different shades of green and especially stamping on DP!

Maureen Morton said...

Lovely layers and a lovely card. This type of card is always so difficult to make, but you have mastered it with this gem.

Levana Xu said...

the paper is fabulous, really matches with other elememts

Lindsey said...

What a lovely sympathy card. The papers and image are perfect.

~amy~ said...

This is absolutely lovely!!!

Jessi Fogan said...

Beautiful take on the sketch - they scare me too :) Never feel very confident with them.
Origins is one of my favourites - love how you used the different gridded papers, and the scalloped edge is fab.

Kirsty, New Zealand said...

totally perfect for their last challenge ... basic grey is definitely your go to for 2012 ... LOVING the patterns!

Vicky Hayes said...

It's always sad when something comes to an end - perhaps you should start a new one! I love the way you've used lots of the same design DP in different colours.

Anonymous said...

gorgeous! love the different colors and patterns for a sympathy card.