Saturday, January 21, 2012

All Roads Lead To You


I'm determined not to miss anymore deadlines so I'm posting this card for the Map to Your Heart Challenge in the Moxie Fab World 3 days ahead!  Whoop whoop!  I had an extra copy of the Bermuda Yellow Pages Book of Maps on hand so I cut some arrows out of it and matted them on grey cardstock.  I used PTI's Linen and Canvas impression plate on the turquoise cardstock for some texture.  The sentiment is computer generated and the heart is a PTI die.  I have one sheet of Thickers and have been hoarding them for ages but this is the year of giving my supplies their moments to shine so I finally broke them out.  Love the dimension they add!
Cardstock:  (White) Bazzill, (Poppy Parade, Tempting Turquoise, Basic Grey) Stampin' Up
Patterned Paper:  Bermuda Yellow Pages Book of Maps
Impression Plate:  (Linen and Canvas) PTI
Dies:  (Double-ended Banner, Heart Prints) PTI
Sticker:  (Daydream Thickers) American Crafts

19 comments:

Lynn said...

Jen, I love this! So creative! Those wonky cut arrows are perfection!

~Tammy~ said...

Thud! Talk about awesome!!!! I love the fun shape of your arrows and I love how they go to U so the recipient will feel over the top special! Great up-cycling too! Oh, and that impression plate really provides a great texture for this fabulous card. Can you tell I just LOVE it!!!

~amy~ said...

awwwww....soooooo sweet. lovin' those big arrows!

Jocelyn Olson said...

Yeah for getting it in early (I missed a deadline a little while ago...ugh!). The arrows are so cool!!! Love it! I'm glad you used your hoarded Thickers...it looks fantastic on the card!

Karen B. said...

Ahh, the linen impression plate. I swear you will never be able to put it down. It really adds such a great touch to this fun card!

Tina said...

Hooray for Thickers! I can totally understand your reasoning for hoarding them since I do the same thing. I force myself to use them because it'd be an excuse to buy more when the original package is used up. :)

Jenny said...

How brilliant, now your recycling patterned paper too! Love the quirky design Jen and your colour combos always rock!
Jenny x

Tenia Nelson said...

This is awesome!!!

Glenda J said...

I think all I can say is WOW! PERFECT! A winner for sure.

Lindsey said...

Eek! Perfection!

Helen F. said...

Love this card, Jen! Perfect for the Map to your heart challenge :o)

Deborah Frings said...

Love this; the map arrows and sentiment are just perfect together!

Jessi Fogan said...

You have totally knocked this out of the park, Jen! The map arrows, the fun sentiment, using up stash...absolutely brilliant!

Anonymous said...

WOW! This is such a clever card Jen! LOVE it!

Kirsty, New Zealand said...

this is the best use of yellow pages i have seen ... EVER!

Vicky Hayes said...

Such a cute idea Jen! Repeat after me - There is no point in hoarding supplies!

Emily Keaton said...

Very cute--I love the map arrows and your sentiment. So fun!

Anonymous said...

soooooooo perfect! LOVE the map arrows and the perfect sentiment.

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Jen! Thanks for linking this up to the Map to Your Heart challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you "mapped" out some time to play along! :)