Sunday, January 15, 2012

Quilted Numbers


It's a cold and blustery Sunday here - a perfect day for crafty time!  :)  I finally sat down to work on my entry for this week's Tuesday Trigger at the Moxie Fab World.  This is another one of those cards that's been percolating in my brain for a while.  Sometimes I'm hesitant to sit down and try and make them because I'm afraid they won't turn out like what's in my head.  Thankfully I'm thrilled with how this one came out!  I die cut numbers from the white panel and then from coloured paper and then put them all together.  Then I took my embossing stylus and made little indents around each number to mimic the quilted look.  Now, I'm not sure if you're supposed to enter a card in more than one Moxie Fab challenge but I'm going to give it a try as this card qualifies for two other challenges that are running at the moment for Cool Tools Week:  the Embossing and Debossing Challenge and the Die Cutting Challenge.


Now I'm off to cook some good hearty comfort food for this chilly night and then snuggle up on the sofa with the boys.  Have a wonderful evening!


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Bazzill, (Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Pacific Point, Pool Party, Pretty in Pink) Stampin' Up

Stamps:  (Smitty's ABCs) Lawn FawnInk:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko
Dies:  (By The Numbers, Double-Ended Banners) PTI
Punches:  (1/4" hole punch) McGill
Other:  (Glossy Accents) Ranger

27 comments:

Lynn said...

Jen, I know exactly what you mean. And then it becomes very irritating when it doesn't turn out like you thought...but you are right to be thrilled with this card. It is fabulous!

Unknown said...

Wow, this is fabulous Jen! I love how you incorporated the quilting effect...genius!!!

Lindsey said...

This card is pure fun -- and perfect for the trigger! Love it!
You know, I don't think your cold and blustery is quite the same as my cold and blustery... :P

Emily Leiphart said...

Get out! This is truly amazing, Jen. I LOVE it.

Anonymous said...

You have totally roced this one Jen!!! I LOVE everything about it!

Maureen Morton said...

Are you seriously kidding me? This is most amazing - your head generated a real winner here, for sure! So original and full of love!

Anonymous said...

THUD! I just fell of my couch. Yip, you rocked this one out Jen. A target for sure!

Heather Jane said...

Well done! Perfect take on it.

Karen B. said...

This is one seriously amazing card, so true to the inspiration but a super great individual take.

Glenda J said...

Absolutely perfect for the Trigger! A winner for sure!

Jay Gee said...

Fabulous Jen and I love the detail around each number :)

Robin said...

Fab take on the trigger!!
Robin

Jenny said...

Oh wow...this is drop dead brilliant Jen.... faux quilting is the way to go and all that die-cutting goodness too, have you got the idea I love it :)
Jenny x

Michelle said...

This is one amazing card! Awesome concept and perfect execution, wow!

Jingle said...

WOW! This is just awesome!!!!

~amy~ said...

Really awesome take on the trigger!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Jen! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Jessi Fogan said...

Oh,how much I love this! I think this is the idea that was living in my head that I couldn't get out onto paper...at least not in any way that didn't end up in the recycling! Love the extra touch of the debossing around the numbers :)

Marion said...

This is awesome. Love the indents around the numbers. I would think to do this...very clever!

~Tammy~ said...

Oh Yeah! This is cool for sure! You nailed this trigger!

Jackie Rockwell said...

JEN THIS CARD IS FANTASTIC! Your stylus work around the letters is clever and perfectly reflects the feel of the inspiration photo!

Jocelyn Olson said...

Wow, wow, wow! The stylus definitely looks like quilting. You rule, girl! I am so blown away by the cards you're making!! :)

Sherry Eckblad said...

I absolutely love this card. You totally rocked this one. I really like the treatment around each number. Did you poke a needle around each letter to get it to look like that?

Kirsty, New Zealand said...

THIS IS AMAZING ... the detail you put in is incredible ... this card is feels like you could snuggle up to it!

JJ Bolton said...

Love it! Awesome idea and perfectly executed!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Jen! Thanks for linking this up to the Die Cutting Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

...and it is OK to link up to more than one challenge! :)

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

this card is fabulous! Congrats on your Moxie fab honorable mention!