Tuesday, January 10, 2012

CASEd Kites



CASE Study is another one of those challenges that I've looked at every week since I started blogging but have never played along with.  I figured what better time to finally join in than their first challenge of the new year.  This month's muse is Jen Rzasa and here's her gorgeous creation:
As you can see I stuck pretty closely to the design and colour scheme of Jen's card.  Perhaps in future challenges I'll get a little more adventurous...  
Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Bazzill, (Regal Rose, Tempting Turquoise, Rich Razzleberry, Basic Black) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Kites from Up, Up and Away, Sentiment from Birthday Bash Sentiments) PTI
Inks:  (VersaFine Onyx Black, VersaMark) Tsukineko
Punch:  (Threading Water Edge punch) Fiskars, (Corner Punch) Marvy Uchida

15 comments:

Lynn said...

Fabulous Jen! Love the border you used and all the gorgeous white space!

Lindsey said...

This is fabulous! Such a fun card.

Maureen Morton said...

You did really good, kiddo! Love your take on the challenge - especially the white spaces. Great, fun design!

~amy~ said...

fab idea to use the kites!

Christina said...

I'm so glad you decided to join in at CASE Study this week! I love the clean design and sweet scalloped border. Thanks so much for playing along with us this week!

Karen B. said...

Great choice of colors and great design too!

Jenny said...

Love the fun, airy design Jen, perfect for the challenge:)
Jenny x

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Super cool card, I really like it!! Thank you for joining us this week!

Jessi Fogan said...

I love your take on the challenge card! The rounded corners & scalloped edge are great details, and those kites...I love kites in crafting. They just make me happy (unlike the real things that drive me bonkers...lol)

~Tammy~ said...

Jen, this is a wonderful CAS approach to the CASED card! Those kites are making long for spring! :-)

JJ Bolton said...

Loving your card! Adorable happy kites:) And the sentiment is perfect! I wish there were more modern font sentiment stamps out there like this. I'm having the darndest time finding those kind of stamps!

Jean Martin said...

Lovely, lovely CAS card! So glad you could play with us at CASE Study! :)

Anonymous said...

Totally cute take on the inspiration Jen! Congrats on your win at CASE!

Maria said...

Super cute! Love the colors!
Hugs,

Maria B.

Kirsty, New Zealand said...

love the different heights on the card, gives it such great dimension