Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Bright Butterflies


For this week's CASE Study card I followed the Cristina Kowalczyk method of CASEing a card - I looked at the card then walked away from it and wrote down what struck me about it.  I remembered squares with rounded corners, bright colours, brown matting and a thank you.  And above is what I came up with using my list.  More patterned paper (courtesy of a blog candy win from Lynn - thanks, Lynn!), some bright Modern Basics butterflies and a Think Big sentiment.  I'm pretty sure this is the first time those MB stamps have seen any ink.  Hopefully it won't be the last!




Cardstock:  (Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Pacific Point, Early Espresso) Stampin' Up
Patterned Paper:  (Confetti Cake from Life of the Party collection) Basic Grey
Stamps:  (Butterflies from Modern Basics, Sentiment from Think Big Favoutires #3) PTI
Inks:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko
Punch:   (Corner punch) Marvy Uchida

19 comments:

Jessi Fogan said...

I love this, Jen! I find that Life of the Party paper a challenge, and this is perfect - bright solids stand out perfectly :)
Love the sentiment, too :)

Lynn said...

Love that you're using the patterned paper! Awesome to add lots of color for this challenge. I love it!

Jay Gee said...

What a great way to CASE a card Jen - will have to try this. Love the fun, bright colours you used here :)

Karen B. said...

Fun and cute, and that method has to be one of the best tips I've received via blog land.

Maureen Morton said...

This cool background paper really makes the butterflies fly! Sort of an optical illusion, eye guess. Great card, fun colors and perfect layout.

Jenny said...

I read this tip too, it helps when you just can't see past the obvious :) Love how you've used the bright colours...can't wait to get my mitts on that PTI set!
Jenny x

Deborah Frings said...

I really like your take on the inspiration card - the bold, bright butterflies are just super. I do like that set!

~amy~ said...

super fun...LOVE the colors!

joetterer said...

Stop by my blog, I have an award for you!

http://createandshow.blogspot.com/2012/01/blog-to-visit.html

Debby said...

I love using Cristina's method of CASEing too. Great take on Jen's card - I love your use of butterflies. Thanks for joining us at CASE study.

Lindsey said...

Love this card, Jen -- especially those colourful graphic butterflies!

Anonymous said...

Oh, love this! The colors just pop against the background. I love how you sort of reversed the norm. Solid on pattern. Genius.

JJ Bolton said...

Cool card! Love the little detail of the card shape! And kudos to you for using patterned paper! I'm seriously pp-challenged;)

Aleksandra said...

Love it! Those square-shaped butterflies are perfect. And I love the bright colors you've used! Beautiful!

Have a blessed day!
Aleksandra

~Tammy~ said...

Jen, I love your Modern butterflies! Your patterned paper is so fun and lucky you! Fantastic interpretation of the the CASE card!

Jocelyn Olson said...

Oooooo...what gorgeous colors! I love all the fussy cutting you did. Fabulous card, girl!!

Anonymous said...

Too cute! I just adore these bright colours, and I love your take on the inspriation card, it's fab!

Vicky Hayes said...

Walking away and seeing what you remember is a great way of CASEing - reminds me of a party game we used to play! Love those stylised butterflies.

Jackie Rockwell said...

So bright and cheerful! Great technique using the solid colors to pick up on the patterned background!