Sunday, January 17, 2016

Whales & Flowers


Yeehaw!  7 days in a row of posting to the ol' blog!  Life is good in the Craft Cave.  :)  Today's post features two cards for two challenges.  First up is the design over at Freshly Made Sketches.  I turned the sketch 90 degrees counter clockwise and then paper pieced these adorable NBUS Lawn Fawn whales.  I'm hoping that I'll get around to making a few more with some of the other love themed mini LF sets.


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Papertrey Ink, (Regal Rose, Real Red, Bermuda Bay, Smokey Slate) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Whales & sentiment from Whale You Be Mine, Bow from Critters in the Dog Park) Lawn Fawn, (Dots from Geo-Graphic) Paper Smooches
Inks:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko, (Bermuda Bay) Stampin' Up
Dies:  (Stitched heart) Lil' Inker Designs, (Dashed rectangle) Avery Elle


  
Next is my take on Anita's card over at Muse.  I pulled out a My Cute Stamps flower stamp and used the back side to stamp the colours and then flipped it over to stamp the flower.  The sentiment is from Market Street Stamps.  Unfortunately both of these stamp companies have gone out of business.  :(

So will I make it 8 days of posting in a row?  Come back tomorrow to find out!


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Papertrey Ink, (Basic Black) Stamping' Up
Stamps:  (Flower from Miss You) My Cute Stamps, (Sentiment from Simple Salutations) Market Street Stamps
Inks:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko, (Strawberry Slush, Crisp Cantaloupe, Coastal Cabana) Stamping' Up
Dies:  (Dashed panel) Avery Elle
Gems:  Recollections

15 comments:

Happy Dance said...

I'm betting you'll make eight! Very cool. My mojo dried up, but yours is going full tilt boogie! Those whales are adorable, and I love how you've flipped the sketch. Your Muse card is brilliant. Love the top and bottom stamping. Very cool. Can't wait to see what you post tomorrow! Bev

Cindy Hall said...

What a great array of cards! I love how you used the large dots for the water (bubbles) for the backdrop for the whales! Great design! Thanks for playing along with my sketch at FMS this week!

Karen B. said...

Aww.this is an adorable card!

Ardyth said...

Love how you've coloured those blooms! I have some Market Street stamps that are my faves! So glad you joined us at Muse this week!

I Card Everyone said...

I'm counting on it, Jen ... LOve these, and I know there are hundreds more where they've come from!
=]

cm said...

Eight days? You'll do it! Of course, you know I adore your whale card; how cute is that bow and your polka dot bubble water! Your MUSE creation: brilliant and oh, so pretty! I never remember to use the back side of my stamps, so seeing yours is a great reminder! I'm off to try my hand at casing-Anita's card...may Mr. Mojo cooperate!
Hugs~c

Karren said...

Such cute cards! Those whales are adorable and using the backside of the stamp is so clever and something I have only done by accident and never remembered to do again!

Bobby said...

Looks like that whale is a popular image this time of year. You've made them into a darling valentine, Jen. The back of the stamp for color. I've seen and heard about it but have never done it. Thanks for the inspiration.

Greta said...

Love your adorable Valentine & a great card for the Muse challenge!

lostinpaper said...

Always a pleasure to visit you, that big heart above the whales so makes me smile!

Stempelomi said...

great take on the musecard!

Linda Callahan said...

Whale-y cute!

Lisa Elton said...

OMGOSH how sweet is your whale card!! A happy pair today Jen, super cute!!

Neets B said...

Two lovely creations, Jen. Great take on the sketch with your cute whale card, and I love how you've used the back of your stamps for your flowers, I never remember that tip!
Thanks for playing along at Muse this week, Anita x

Marilyn said...

Love your big flowers, Jen, and the way you've colored them.