Thursday, January 28, 2016

Birthday 'Gator


Hi there!  I managed to grab some time to make a card today for three challenges.  I started out with the Reverse Confetti Sketch For You To Try.  I'd been intimidated by all the layers but I finally picked out some Glitz patterned paper and went for it.  I paper pieced the adorable alligator and his balloons and gift and then spent forever deciding which papers to use for which layer.  I'm happy with how it turned to so I guess it was worth the time!  :)  I'm also going to enter it in the Simon Says Wednesday Anything Goes challenge and The Male Room challenge to make cards for babies and boys.  I think it's a fun card for a little lad!  That's it for me today.  Have a good evening!














Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Bazzill
Patterned Paper:  (Finnley 6x6) Glitz
Stamps:  (Alligator from Later Alligator, Sentiment, gift & balloons from Monkey Business) Reverse Confetti
Inks:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko,
Dies:  (Stitched Circle) Lil Inker
Gems:  Recollections

8 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

What a fun mix of patters, this is so cute!!

Virginia L. said...

Beautiful layering with the mix of pattern paper! Love this happy card, Jen! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge!

~amy~ said...

super CUTE.

Lindsey said...

I'd say it would be a fun card for anyone! Great colours and paper piecing.

Joyce said...

Great job on a complicated sketch. I love that little gator.

Tracey McNeely said...

Love that gator and perfect use of the sketch Jen!

Deborah Frings said...

Cool! I love the layered background with such fun papers. And that image is just wonderful, perfect for a little boy! Thanks so much for playing along with our Babies & Little Boys theme at The Male Room! Deborah, DT.

cm said...

Woo hooo! Your gator is awesome, Jen...and your papers/layers create the perfect stage for him! I have so much RC stuff, still unused, because I can't navigate my way through how to showcase them best. My paper/layers skills are woefully lacking! As you've mentioned, though: it's all about investing the time...and your results in doing so sure are rewarding!
Hugs~c