Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Blues, Butterflies and Birds


Hello hello!  I've got two cards to share today for 4 challenges.  Both the Friday Mash-Up and Just Us Girls had colour challenges this week and they both involved white and shades of blue so I am playing along with both of them.  I smooshed Night of Navy ink onto my watercolor paper and die cut it.  The Altenew butterfly was embossed onto vellum, fussy cut, attached and surrounded with gems.  














Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (Tim Holtz Watercolor) Ranger, (Night of Navy, Marina Mist) Stamping' Up, (Vellum)
Stamps:  (Butterfly from Bejeweled, Sentiment from Ori Kami) Altenew
Inks:  (VarsaMark, VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko, (Night of Navy) Stamping' Up
Embossing Powder:  (Opaque Bright White Super Fine) Wow
Dies:  (Dashed rectangle) Avery Elle, (Flag Tags) Paper Smooches
Gems:  Recollections



My second card uses the sketch from CAS(E) This Sketch and the CAS Valentine theme from the Paper Players.  I'm pretty sure those little Mama Elephant birdies are NBUS but I have no idea why because they are so cute!  I coloured them with Copics and popped them behind the cloud border with a little heart between them for good measure.

Tragically I am headed back to work today.  It's been lovely to enjoy so much crafty time but it's time to get back to earning some money (and also to see all the kitties).  Hope you all have a wonderful day!  














Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Papertrey Ink, (Textured White) Bazzill,  (Real Red, Bashful Blue Stamping' Up
Stamps:  (Birds from Love Quotes, Sentiment from Smitten) Mama Elephant
Inks:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko
Dies:  (Cloud border, Heart) Mama Elephant
Markers:  (R02, Y17, E21, E33) Copic
Gems:  Recollections

22 comments:

Lynn said...

The inking on the first is stunning and I love how adorable the second one is.

Michelle said...

Wow! Two completely different but equally gorgeous cards! Awesome! :-)

None None said...

Your first card is just stunning, Jen!! I love the white embossing on the vellum butterfly. The blue watercolored panel is awesome - definitely a winner in my book! And your second card is just too cute for words! Love your take on the CTS sketch! Such a great spin on the sketch using the clouds and those cute little birds popping out at the top are just adorable! Hope your first day back goes well!

~amy~ said...

Love the smooshing and your 2nd card...sooooo sweet!

LeAnne said...

Oh my gosh....I am smitten with your Valentine card! ADORABLE! Thanks for sharing this at the Players this week!

Karen B. said...

Cool takes on both challenges! I am smitten with that last cute card!

Tracey McNeely said...

Jen the background on the butterfly card is stunning and I am super smitten with the second!

lostinpaper said...

More wonderful cards Jen, those little birds peeking out are perfect (and a really clever take on the sketch inspiration)!

Shelly said...

Your watercolor and blues are simply, beautiful! Love! And could your second card be anymore SWEET?!!...Too darn cute!

Lisa said...

Great cards!

Love how you did the ink across your first card and the white on the vellum is so pretty!

Thanks for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

Anna Uhras said...

WOW!! Jen!!! Awesome cards!!! I so wish I could create like you!! Anna xo

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card! My smooshing never looks like that-yours is stunning! I thoght the butterfly was a purchased doily until I read your post! Gorgeous!
Thanks for joining us this week at Just Us Girls!
(Love the 2nd card too!)

Lindsey said...

Both these cards are gorgeous! Beautiful smooshing and fussy-cutting on the first card. I think those little birds might be my favourite ME stamps and they're so perfect here!

cm said...

Jen, your watercolouring and butterfly...oh. my! Absolutely gorgeous in every way..soft, delicate, pretty...a perfect pairing for the heart-warming sentiment! The little love birds are way tooooo adorable, nestled in the clouds and having a 'heart' moment! Love the expressions on their faces! I'm smitten with this card. Totally smitten!
Hugs~c (note coming soon...getting ready for a week of 'exam marking' in my home city - leaving Friday and returning next Thursday evening - so I'm in a fluster...I do not fluster well *grin* Bonus: staying with my mom and chances to see my niece and nephew! Woo hooo!)

Antonia said...

I'm so happy you played along with us at the Friday Mashup! Because your take on this week's challenge is so gorgeous! The smooched background is the perfect bg for that delicate butterfly. Hope to see you back soon!

laurie said...

Awesome cards Jen! I think the birdies peeking from the clouds are adorable. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players this week!

Leigh Penner said...

You're first card is lovely, but I'm totally smitten with your second card! It's so sweet! Wonderful take on the sketch!

Hannelie said...

This card gets the most adorable card of the year award!
Thanks for playing with us at the Paper Players and Case this sketch Jen!

stampwithsandy said...

Jen, I am smitten with this adorable card! Those little birdies peeking out from behind the clouds are just too cute. Thanks so much for playing along with my Valentine Challenge at The Paper Players!

Jaydee said...

Jen, this is such a creative take on both challenges. That soft puffy cloud is perfect for your birds. Adorable!
So glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week
jaydee

Chris Dring said...

What a gorgeous smooshed background on the first card, and that butterfly is stunning! Your second card is just too cute! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

Sherrie M. said...

AMAZING! What a seriously adorable card!