Monday, January 11, 2016

Flowers & More Flowers


Hi there!  It's been almost a month since I've posted a card that isn't design team related.  Work has been pretty crazy since the end of November.  My boss has had to do a lot of traveling so I've been working 10 and 11 day stretches.  Thankfully I now have a few days off so I'm going to try and catch up on life and on some crafty time.

I've got two cards to share today.  The first one was inspired by the photo at the Addicted to Stamps challenge.  I love the pop of those colorful flowers against the white background.  I used the Altenew flower stamps for the first time and paper pieced them with Stamping' Up cardstock.  I'm also going to enter this in the Seize the Birthday Anything Goes challenge.














Anita of My Papercraft World suggested that this card would work for the current Time Out challenge (birthdays with the optional technique twist of sponging) so I'm going to join 
in with them.  Thanks, Anita!

Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Bazzill, (Pink Pirouette, Rose Red, Peach Parfait, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Flowers from Striped Florals, Sentiment from Birthday Greetings) Altenew
Inks:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko, (Rose Red) Stampin' Up
Glitter:  (Clear Wink of Stella) Zig


This next card is another two for one challenge card.  I combined the palette from ColourQ with the sketch from CAS(E) This Sketch.  The Paper Smooches flowers are covered in Wink of Stella so they actually look nice and sparkly.  


I'm hoping to get another good chunk of crafty time tomorrow so I should have some more to share later in the week.  In the meantime have a lovely evening and I'll see you tomorrow for CASology!  

Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Bazzill (Melon Mambo, Blushing Bride, Pool Party) Stampin' Up
Dies:  (Hello) Mama Elephant, (Flowers) Paper Smooches
Glitter:  (Clear Wink of Stella) Zig

19 comments:

Ardyth said...

Both are so pretty - love the bright feminine flowers on the kraft - just gorgoues!

lostinpaper said...

I just got that Altenew flower set and now I've seen your card I can't wait to ink it up! Glad to hear that you have some days off, hope you find lots of crafty time and I look forward to seeing the results, Hugs x

Deepti said...

Loving these, especially the second one, way to rock the colors :)

Michelle said...

Beautiful! I especially love your paper-pieced flowers, Jen. I hope work slows down a little for you. I've been in the same boat, very little time for crafting. I'm hoping February brings some spare time. ;-)

Karen B. said...

Your paper piecing is just divine! Lovely card.

Lisa Elton said...

A pair of pretty floral cards Jen!! YAY for crafting just of fun!! Thanks so much for joining us at ColourQ!

Judy1223 said...

Hi Jen! How nice to have some free time to play after all that hard work! Glad you got a little break, well deserved. I love both floral cards, they are so fresh and fun!

Hannelie said...

Love both cards Jen... I still have to ink up the set you used for the first card. Inspired to do so right now!
Love your second card too... fresh and perfectly CAS!
Thanks for joing Seize the birthday and Case this sketch!

Anonymous said...

So glad I popped by today! What a dose of sunshine in these two floral cards! Love how you used those Altenew stamp sets, and the brights against that Kraft makes my day! Good luck with your crazy schedule! Thinking of you!

Anita in France said...

What gorgeous floral beauties, Jen ... love the whimsical style on the first (which would be perfect at Time Out too!) and those vibrant pinks and aqua against the kraft are delicious! Hugs, Anita :)

Unknown said...

What lovely cards! Great interpretation of the inspirational image for the ATSM! Lovely colours and design!
Thanks for joining us at ATSM this week!
Kamila DT

maria f. said...

Both so pretty, Jen.

sandie said...

That is amazing paper piecing, I thought it was colouring. Great to see you at TO

shirley-bee said...

Love your colourful bouquet of flowers, Jen Thanks for playing along at Seize The Birthday :)

Happy Dance said...

Feels good to be crafty just because you can, doesn't it?! And you've used your time off to make a couple of sweet cards. Love your pretty flowers on your first card, in those pretty colors. And I love the colors and the kraft base of your second one! I think you've got a couple of winners here. Awesome!! Bev

Joyce said...

Yay for crafting for fun. That has become a rare event for me, too. Love your flower cards, especially your paper pieced one. Thanks so much for playing along at ColourQ this week.

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, these are both so pretty! I especially love the second one, with those pretty flowers layered on the kraft background -- great take on the sketch!

donna mikasa said...

Such pretty cards! Love the colorful flowers against the kraft card!

Anita in France said...

I'm back, Jen ... delighted you linked this floral delight up to our gallery at Time Out ... so happy to have you playing along with us! Hugs, Anita :)