Thursday, January 14, 2016

Elephant and Cake


Hi there!  I have two more cards that I made earlier in the week to share with you.  First up is a card for the Cupcake Inspirations colour challenge.  I was inspired by Tanja's card and pulled out this NBUS WPlus9 elephant.  I paper pieced him and his party hat with solid colour cardstock and kept things really simple by matting the panel on Perfect Plum cardstock.  He really is a cute little guy isn't he?  I've got to give this set a little more attention.


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Papertrey Ink (Perfect Plum, Basic Grey) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Elephant & sentiment from Unforgettable) WPlus9
Inks:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko
Dies:  (Dashed panel) Avery Elle
Gems:  Recollections



Next up is a two-for-one challenge card.  I combined the "cake" challenge at Addicted to CAS with the "O is for Old" challenge at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers.   Skipping Stones Design is a great go-to company for cheeky images and sentiments.   This particular set has  4 great follow ups to the "You know you're getting old when..." part of the sentiment.    Anyway I stamped, coloured, fussy cut and popped up the cake, surrounded it with the sentiment and was on my way!














Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Papertrey Ink (Smokey Slate Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Cake & sentiment from You Know You're Getting' Old Birthday) Skipping Stones Design
Inks:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko
Marker:  (R32) Copic

28 comments:

Karen B. said...

I must get that elephant he is adorable and you make him even cuter! Great cards today!

Deepti said...

Fabulous cards Jen :) the cake pops beautifully over grey BG, thank you for sharing with ATCAS !

Tracey McNeely said...

Both really cute cards Jen, love the elephant!

Lisa Petrella said...

That little elephant is totally adorable!! And your second card made me laugh---super fun!!! Fabulous takes on these challenges, Jen!!

Donna said...

Fab cards Jen! Love the wee elephant and I am totally of the age that a birthday nap is super exciting!! Thanks for joining the sisterhood of snarky stampers for our "O is for Old" challenge!!

Bobby said...

I have that elephant but never thought about paper piecing him, Jen. He looks darling in his little party hat. I love the second card, too, although you have to have the right person to send it to. ;)

Darnell said...

Both are fantastic, Jen! It's great to see you use that wee NBUS ellie set after we just talked about it and your snarky card is a hoot! (Although it did hit awfully close to home!) Hugs, Darnell

Shelly said...

Your elephant card is so sweet!!
And your cake birthday card is so fun and cute!

Happy Dance said...

Sweet little elephant with his sweet purple party hat, and I do love the purple base. And your snarky card had me chuckling in here. And it's sooooo true, too! Sweet little cake. Fun cards! Bev

Lisa Elton said...

These are both super cute Jen!!

Indy's Designs said...

Wonderful card! Love your CAS style! The little elephant is sweet! So glad you shared at Cupcake Inspirations!
Debbie, DT Sweetie

HolyLise said...

I love both of your cards! So clean, but still cute. Amazing job! :)

Claire said...

Your first card is so sweet Jen - that little elephant is adorable. And oh how I identify with the sentiment of the second....

lostinpaper said...

That little elephant is too cute Jen!

Lee aka Violent Kittie said...

Cute card. I personally believe that the nap should come before happy hour so that I am all rested up. Thanks for playing along with our "O is for Old" challenge at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

Sandy said...

Both cards are great. I do love cartoon elephants. Thank you for playing along with us this week at Cupcake Inspirations! Sandy, DT Sweetie

I Card Everyone said...

Who wouldn't love seeing your adorable elephant? He is most definitely one they'd never forget! LOve your birthday cake, and that sentiment about getting old!
=]

cm said...

Jen, both your cards have planted smiles alllll over my face! Your wee elephant is absolutely adorable! If he needs more TLC, then put that little gem on a tag and join us at Tag, You're It...he fits Tracey's inspiration tag perfectly! I'll be watching for youuuuuu! Your polka dot cake card is awesome! That sentiment = me! Super cool! Thank you so much for joining Cupcake Inspirations! (I'm aiming to leave you comments more consistently; need to let you know how talented and special you are!)
Hugs~c

Joyce said...

First card--so stinkin' cute. Second card--perfect for just about everyone I know. Very funny.

Unknown said...

Lovely card! Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations. - Eva, Sweetie DT -

Deborah Frings said...

Both your cards are super. Love the sentiment with the cake! And your little ellie is just so cute! Thanks so much for playing along with Cupcake Inspirations this week! Deborah, DT Sweetie.

ElizStewart said...

Sad thing is I relate so much to your card!,,,and if I received it would SOOO bring a smile to my face. Very cute CAKE.

Anonymous said...

Love that paper-pieced cake! Totally can relate to the sentiment...!

Lindsey said...

While your elephant card is adorable... the second one speaks to my snarky heart! What a great sentiment, and the wonky cake is perfect with it. Thanks for joining the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

Aileen said...

Wow I love this cake card, so elegant then the sentiment, just love it.

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Fab cards!!! Thanks for joining us at ATCAS.

Chelle (PhotoArt/MaybeCreative) said...

Great cards. NAP is what I did last night before going out at 9:30 Thanks for joining in our Old challenge at SoSS.

Bhavana said...

very pretty cards :) hanks for sharing your card at ATCAS!!