Friday, January 22, 2016

Roses & Coffee


Hello and happy Friday!  I have two cards to share before I jet off to work.  First up is for the photo inspiration at The Challenge.  I was inspired by the rose, the muted colours and the lace.  Yes, I actually used lace!  I have a silly amount of ribbon for someone who almost never uses it so I was thrilled to bits to use this scrap of Hero Arts lace for this card.  :)  The stamps are all Altenew - I thought their Vintage Rose set was perfect for this challenge - and I used Distress Inks for the stamping.


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White, Rustic White) Papertrey Ink, (Basic Black) Stamping' Up
Stamps:  (Flowers & leaves from Vintage Roses, Sentiment from Halftone Hello) Altenew
Inks:  (VersaMark, VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko, (Tattered Rose, Victorian Velvet, Pumice Stone, Antique Linen, Old Paper, Frayed Burlap) Ranger
Lace:  Hero Arts
Gem:  Recollections



I swore to myself that this year I would play along with Merry Monday every week so that I would be on top of my Christmas cards and I've already missed the first two challenges.  *Sigh*  Hopefully I'll do better from now on.  The theme this week is Warm Beverages and what could make for a happier holiday than a stack of caramel lattes??  Yum yum!  My card was inspired by the memory of a red solo cup card that I saw a few years ago when it won a CAS-ual Fridays challenge.  I actually managed to find it too!  Funny the things that hang around in my brain... 


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Papertrey Ink, (Daffodil Delight, Gumballl Green) Stamping' Up
Stamps:  (Mug from Warm Hearts) Paper Smooches, (Sentiment from SSC114) Stampendous
Inks:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko
Die:  (Stitched Stars) Lil' Inker Designs
Markers:  (R27, E43) Copic

19 comments:

Karen B. said...

I can't beleive the rose is stamped...so beautiful! These two cards really showcase your stamping diversity.

Lisa Petrella said...

Your rose card is such a gorgeous take on the inspiration photo! Absolutely lovely!!! And good on ya for playing along with Merry Monday. Your card is totally sweet! I should be playing along as well. Might help to prevent the mad scramble when the holiday season rolls around again---and it seems to arrive faster and faster every year!

Lynn said...

Two fantastic cards. Love that one is elegant and one is too cute!

Erika said...

Both are sooo pretty! I think it is amazing that you were able to make the photo challenge so clean and simple.

The idea to stack the cups like a Christmas Tree...genius!

Bonnie said...

A beautiful rose and a wonderful stack of coffee cups, Jen! What fun! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

Lindsey said...

Your roses are gorgeous! The colours are soft and pretty. Fun card for the Merry Monday challenge! I try never to set such unrealistic goals as that, though. :P

Bobby said...

OhMyGoodness, Jen. I LOVE those roses. I have been struggling with colors and inks to get my layered flowers to come out this beautifully with little or no luck with pink ones. I saw your list of inks but if you have time and can remember would you send me the order you used the inks.
The little cup card is darling. I too made a vow to do Merry Monday every week. So far, so good.

Crafty Cakes and Cards said...

I struggled to think how to link a warm beverage and Christmas together and have to say this was a very clever idea you came up with.

paper bag create said...

Love the cups Christmas tree! Great idea.

KimCreate said...

Love this clean card with the coffee cups, CUTE!

Rosemary said...

your merry Monday card is so darn clever!! love it!! your first card is totally gorgeous!!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Positively delightful - just love your coffee cup tree! Thanks for playing along at Merry Monday!!

Brandi said...

Wow girl!!! These cards are amazing!

Happy Dance said...

I see you've channeled your inner girly-girl too! Your card for The Challenge is gorgeous. Those roses!!! Though I'm trying to resist stamp purchases (at least until my most recent order arrives, hahaha!), this Altenew set, and as used by you, is making that rather difficult. Really a wonderful card! Perfect colors and the bit of lace is delightful. Love that Christmas tree cup card! I need that much coffee right now, too! Perfect green base; all those sweet cups just pop! Two great cards!!! Bev

Darnell said...

Your lacy border takes this beautiful card over the top, Jen! I predict a winner here and good for you for using up your schtuff. I, too, have a silly amount of ribbon that I rarely use!

I love your MM card, too, and applaud you for that, as well! I've not played once yet and I'm ashamed, but I'm not over making around 150 CCs in three weeks. I know it's nonsensical because I don't want that to happen again this year, but not yet, just not yet, please! Soon I'll want to, so keep on inspiring me!! Hugs, Darnell

Andrea D. La Vigne said...

I love the colors in your rose card--very vintage-looking. And that coffee cup Christmas tree is too cute! Thanks for sharing your artistry!
Andrea
Andrea's Paper Antics

Notes by Nina said...

Both cards are wonderful, Thank you for joining us for The Challenge.

carol (krillsister) said...

Love how you stacked the cups.Darling.

cm said...

Wonderful Jen: high time that I catch up on your gallery of gorgeous! These past few weeks have been zany, and I *need* to take a breath to spend time at your place where my spirits will be lifted! Your Vintage Roses...oh my! Gorgeous, feminine, soft...and the snippet of lace couldn't be more perfect! Girly-girl glamourous! I'm still trying to figure out these roses: practice, practice and practice. Your MM coffee cup Christmas tree is such fun; those little hearts do it for me! Way to go in committing to getting your Christmas cards done throughout the year. I had similar plans...hahahaha! Maybe I'll start in March!
Hugs~c