Saturday, August 10, 2013

Vellum Butterflies




The challenge this week at Paper Smooches Sparks is to use the photo for inspiration and include a sheer/clear element in the design.  I took the pink and blue from the picture as a starting point and then decided to break out some coloured vellum.  I had been hoping for some hot pink vellum but no such luck.  Clearly I have to do some shopping...  





Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Bazzill, (Wild Wasabi) Stampin' Up, (Coloured vellum) Strathmore
Stamp:  (Sentiment from Giddy Bugs) Paper Smooches
Ink:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko
Dies:  (Butterflies 1, 2 & 3, Duos Die 1) Paper Smooches
Gems:  Recollections
Washi Tape:  Elmer's

10 comments:

Lynn said...

I really must use vellum more than I do. I love your whimsical design.

Joyce said...

This is fabulous. Those butterflies look great in vellum. And, yes, you need to shop. I'm sure you don't have enough stuff.

Jessi Fogan said...

BUSTED! Stop that :) No shopping! :D
Although the lure of hot pink vellum....hmmm...wonder if they make such a thing?

Jamie said...

Your buttterflies are so pretty, I just love them! Thanks so much for playing along with the Paper Smooches SPARKS Challenge:)

Lindsey said...

Your vellum butterflies are perfect! And I think the washi tape counts as sheer, too -- it's not opaque, anyway. :P

Larissa Heskett said...

WOW!! Such a Beautiful Card!! I LOVE your take on the challenge!! =) THANKS SO MUCH for playing along with the Paper Smooches SPARKS Challenge and I hope you'll play along again next week!! Have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

Meg said...

Super card - great take on this trendy challenge.

Houses Built of Cards said...

Oh my...those butterflies are GORGEOUS!!! LOVE them so much in vellum!!! Thanks so much for playing along with this weeks Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Kirsty, New Zealand said...

clearly shopping is required! I have never used vellum, it always looks so hard to disguise how its attached, but this looks gorgeous!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

I looooooooove everything butterflies! And VELLUM! So this is a fabulous card-- LOVE the layered butterflies and their gem bodies! FAB take on sheer/clear:) THANKS so much for joining in the fun with the Trend Watch-- hope you play along with us this week at the Paper Smooches Sparks challenge <3