Monday, August 12, 2013

Inspired Flowers


Hi there!  I'm playing along with Muse and ColourQ with this card.  I was inspired by the layout of Laurie's card and also by the rolled flowers - Laurie always rocks them!  While I like the look of the rolled flowers I wanted my card to have a bit less bulk.  I trimmed each layer of these Purple Onion Design flowers and attached them with some glue dots so they still have a bit of dimension.  Hope you've all had a lovely weekend!


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Gina K,(Calypso Coral, Pool Party Night of Navy, Basic Grey) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Flowers & leaves) Purple Onion Designs, (Very Vintage Greetings) WPlus9
Ink:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko
Die:  (Fillable Frames #4) Papertrey Ink
Punch:  (Corner Rounder) Marvy Uchida
Embossing Plate:  (Linen & Canvas) Papertrey Ink
Gems:  Recollections

17 comments:

Meg said...

Great card - I love these colours together.

Malika said...

Super card love it

malika

Lynn said...

A great take on both challenges. I love the ColourQ color combo and the layered flowers are perfection in my book!

Karen M said...

I love your gorgeous card - the colours look fab! Hugs xx

~amy~ said...

Love how you were inspired!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Gorgeous CASE! Love the clean look

Kelly Szafron said...

Fantastic card, I like the colours and your flowers!

Tracey McNeely said...

Jen a gorgeous card for both Muse and the colourQ! Those flowers are fabulous. Thank you so much for joining us this week at the colourQ!

Deepti said...

Wow beautiful :) love how the colors look so complimenting on your card :)

Lindsey said...

So pretty, Jen! Great use of the colours, and these flowers look perfect!

Joyce said...

This is so very pretty. I really like how you did your flowers.

Ardyth said...

Gorgeous - you 'funki-fied' it with those outline flowers! Thanks for playing with this week's Muse!

Kirsty, New Zealand said...

love the layers and the jewels, so so pretty!

Jessi Fogan said...

OMG LOVE! The way you stacked up those flowers, the perfectly offset rounded corners, that label....ack!

Sylvia said...

Beautifully designed card, Jen! So happy you shared your card with us at the colourQ.

lostinpaper said...

Great colours and a fab take on Laurie's card Jen!

Jenny said...

I'm with you on the less bulk thing!! And anyhow I can't quite get those rolled flowers to work... Usually involves lots of bad words when they spring open again!!!
I love your flatter version and the colour palette is very pretty used in those proportions... Love the splash of coral/pink :0)
Jenny x