Thursday, August 1, 2013

CAS(E) This Sketch #39


Welcome to Week 39 of CAS(E) This Sketch!  Take a look at this week's sketch by N@ Ali:


I've had this sweet Unity stamp for ages but this is the first time it's seen ink which lands it firmly in the NBUS (Never Before Used Schtuff) category!  I embossed it and coloured it with Copics and then added a few mats.  For some reason I always reach for newsprint type patterns when I use coffee images.  I guess in my mind coffee and newpapers are a classic pair!  I hope you'll check out the gorgeous designs by the rest of the DT on the CAS(E) This Sketch blog and then play along with us!


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (Sahara Sand, Early Espresso) Stampin' Up!
Patterned Paper:  (This & That) Echo Park
Stamp:  (Teacups from Feb '11 KOM - The Best Is Yet To Be) Unity, (Steam & sentiment from Daily Grind) Market Street Stamps
Ink:  (VersaMark, VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko
Embossing Powder:  (Seafoam White) Ranger
Die:  (Double-Ended Banner) Papertrey Ink
Punch:  (Corner rounder) Marvy Uchida
Markers:  (R59, E08, Y17, W-1, W-1) Copic

13 comments:

Kim S said...

Sending a whole lotta cuppas!! SO cute!

Maureen Morton said...

I had to come by for a peek during a quick stop between summer road trips. Looks like you've been busy making your paper magic! Love this little stack of cups. Adorable patterns and the cutest design - again! Happy Summer!

Deepti said...

This is your trademark, a lot of cuteness in every card :) love it

Michelle said...

Cute! :-)

wienerhoneymooners said...

Love this take on the sketch Jen!!!

FABBY, gotta go get my cuppa joe now...!

Lindsey said...

What a great way to interpret this sketch! A fun stack of coffee (or tea!) cups, too.

Jessi Fogan said...

omg, I never thought about it, but I do the same paper matching for coffee! Funny :) I love this stamp!

Helen F. said...

Oh how adorable is that stack o' cups?
Lovin this card a latte ;)

Jenny said...

Whoa!!! They're gonna topple over..... Perhaps that's what the newspaper is for..... to soak up the spillage!!!
Love how you've used the sketch Jen :0)

Lisa Arana said...

newsprint and coffee... i'd say a good pair. super card!

Christina said...

This is adorable!

lostinpaper said...

Super cute Jen, what a great NBUS to use!

Joyce said...

This is adorable--and I think coffee and the newspaper go perfectly together.