Monday, August 26, 2013

A Little Bit Brighter

***This is my second post of the day.  For my ColourQ/Seize the Birthday post please scroll down or click here.***


Hi again!  Back with my second card for today.  This is a triple play card.  I was inspired by the stripes and bright colors on Jennifer McGuire's CASE Study card.  Then I found Iwona's Sketchbook Saturday sketch which had similar stripes and I thought the layout would work perfectly for the bird on it's branch.  Finally I wanted to play along with the Paper Crafts Connection August Gallery Challenge - Sending Sunshine.  I used a paint sample strip which I noticed afterwards had the perfect names - Downey Chick, Sunnyside Up and Golden Path!  That's it for me tonight.  See you tomorrow!

Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (Primrose Petals, Tempting Turquoise, Early Espresso) Stampin' Up
Stamp:  (Sentiment from Rainbow & Cloud Sentiments) Lil' Inker Designs
Ink:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko
Dies:  (Meadow Bird, Grove Branch) Memory Box
Gems:  Recollections

7 comments:

Deepti said...

Wow this is incredible :) love the little birdie :)

Lindsey said...

Fab use of -- you're right -- the perfect paint chip. Must get mine out and play. The patterned paper bird is so sweet!

Tracey McNeely said...

Fantastic CASE Jen, I love the pattern on the bird!

Jessi Fogan said...

ACK! The names! They're killing me :) That's far too awesome! Love the patterned birdie :)

wienerhoneymooners said...

Love, love the brightand sunnyness of this! With the bird, awesome!!

...and the eyeball and bill placement, could not be mores perfet Jen!!! I MUST have this branch!!!

Just fabulous, adorable, MY kind of card!!!!!

lostinpaper said...

I actually grabbed some paint sample cards from the hardware store after I saw another card you had done... but I am yet to use it, maybe I will. Thanks again for the inspiration!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Adorable, unique and super pretty! LOVE!!