Sunday, August 11, 2013

Moxie Collage


The inspiration picture for the latest Tuesday Trigger challenge at the Moxie Fab World is a bright and cheery collage.  It immediately made me think of think of this Hero Arts bird collage stamp.  I won it ages ago and it's been sitting patiently waiting to be used.  (NBUS alert!!)  I have always been pretty intimidated by it as it's much busier than my usual style but I decided to see if I could make it work for me.  Some cheery colours and paper piecing later and I like it!  It's still busy and collagey but I feel like it's also me.  Mission accomplished.



Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (Pretty In Pink, So Saffron, Certainly Celery, Bashful Blue, Crumb Cake) Stampin' Up
Stamp:  (Bird Collage) Hero Arts, (Very Vintage Greetings) WPlus9
Ink:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko
Gems:  Recollections

12 comments:

Brandi said...

Beautiful!

Helen F. said...

This is so beautiful, Jen! Love the HA stamp image and think it is just 'busy' enough :)

Lindsey said...

So pretty! Love the pastel colours. I kind of like collage stamps... easier than attempting my own collages, at least! :D

Joyce said...

This is the most CAS collage I have ever spotted. Great job on making the challenge your own.

Michele Kovack said...

This is so pretty! I love the script stamp behind everything!

Karen B. said...

Fantastic job with a stamp this turned out great!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Jen! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Deepti said...

fantastic :)

Kelly Griglione said...

Totally agree ... this is a wonderful example of using a busy image in a clean and classy way! So hard to do, but you nailed it. Love how you didn't color any of the images. Such a sharp look, esp. on the kraft!

Kirsty, New Zealand said...

WOW, this card does not remind me of you at all ... ya know, clean and stylish ... but this vintage look card is amazing, awesome Jen!!

Jessi Fogan said...

Seriously, a CAS collage - this is totally perfect! Love the way you've paper-pieced it :)

lostinpaper said...

Great collage card, this is something that I know I would totally struggle and you have made it look so easy!