Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Geometric Birthday


Today's card is for 3 different challenges.  I started out by looking at the design from CAS(E) This Sketch.  I wanted to use the chevron pattern and when I saw the current Runway Inspired photo I thought it would work well with this and so used the colours from the model's shirt (although looking at the shirt more closely now I should have used Bermuda Bay for my blue instead of Island Indigo).  Since each of the pieces that make up the chevrons are actually parallelograms I am also going to enter this in the Geometric Patterns challenge at Virginia's View.  


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Bazzill, (Lucky Limeade, Island Indigo, Basic Grey, Basic Black) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Sentiment from Halftone Hello) Altenew
Inks:  (VersaMark) Tsukineko
Embossing Powder:  (Opaque Bright White Super Fine) Wow
Dies:  (Chevron Cover Plate) Lil' Inker Designs, (Happy) Mama Elephant
Other:  (Glossy Accents) Ranger

14 comments:

Lynn said...

Way to rock this card for all three challenges Jen. Love, love, love the colors.

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, I love this, Jen! Fabulous take on the sketch!

Rubeena I. said...

It's fabulous :)

Happy Dance said...

Three challenges. One fantastically brilliant card. That equals winner in my book. I love the look of this card. So clean and graphic, full of bold colors and a bold design. It's just fabulous. And I love it. You so rock! Bev

Lisa Elton said...

This is marvelous, I like the colors!!

Michelle said...

Gorgeous! I love this so much, Jen!

Tina said...

I like how gender neutral this birthday card is, with the color scheme and chevron pattern. By the way, what do you do with all the cards that you do for these challenges?

Joyce said...

Love this graphic beauty.

I Card Everyone said...

What a fantastic card! Jen, for having the patience to get those chevies straight, I must give you props! Having this in our gallery at CTS just makes me smile...
=] M

Claire said...

Love how you've combined all those challenges Jen - perfect interpretation of the runway photo..it's such a fun, graphic card!

Bobby said...

I love the colors and design of your card, Jen. I'm not surprised it won an HM at CTS.

Leni said...

Beautiful'

Lindsey said...

A girl that knows her geometric shapes — yay! I think you can get away with the blue you used... it's a gorgeous colour combination!

Jennifer Rzasa said...

Your geometric chevron background is fantastic! Thanks so much for joining us on the Runway! :)