Tuesday, September 29, 2015

CASology #166 - Science


Welcome to Week 166 of CASology!  Take a look at the cue word for this week:


I was pleased with myself when I came up with this super clean and simple card - that is, until I had to photograph it.  Black card base and gold heart?  What was I thinking???  After multiple attempts and lots of bad words this was the best picture I could come up with and it's really not that great.  *Sigh*  It' will have to do though.  

I went with the Periodic Table of Elements for my science card with retired stamps courtesy of Sweet Stamp Shop.  The heart is popped up and the gold is quite shiny but you would never know it!  Hopefully you will have better success with your photos and I can't wait to see your designs.  Be sure to check out the fabulous inspiration from the design team and then play along!



And this week's guest designer:


Link your creations to the CASology blog and remember that the deadline for entries is Monday at noon (CST).

Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (Basic Black, Brushed Gold) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (All from Chemistry) Sweet Stamp Shop
Inks:  (VersaMark, VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko
Embossing Powder:  (Opaque Bright White Super Fine) Wow
Die:  (Heart) Papertrey Ink

15 comments:

Ardyth said...

Love the use of the two symbols - the heart and the chemical symbol - very clever!

Hannelie said...

I always think black is easy to photograph... but run into trouble time and again!
LOVE your clever take on the cue!

Anonymous said...

Looks beautiful to me! That is such a great sentiment and LOVE your layout!!

I Card Everyone said...

You have a card design worth it's weight in gold, Jen! Super CAS and cute!
=] Michele

Laura Norris said...

Brilliant idea! Love the heart of Au.

sandie said...

Your photo is great, we are our worst critics! I love your idea and also love the bold colours x

Tracey McNeely said...

Perfectly CAS Jen! I am with you on photographing black (see my card post on the 1st).

Marina said...

I think we all know the difficulties of getting good photos at times - invisible glitter, mirror card bearing your own mug shot....!!! But despite your photo problems the great style and cleverness of this design shines through. We would love it if you also linked this up to our 'Geek Chic' challenge at City Crafter. http://citycrafter.blogspot.co.uk/

Joyce said...

This is a wonderful interpretation of the cue word, and I can see that it would be so stunning and striking in person. I actually think your photo is pretty good, too, but then I think that we are often our worst critics.

Tina said...

As a chemistry major (not that I use any of the stuff that I learned in college), I love this card!

Lindsey said...

Not that we should make our cards based on their ability to be photographed... ;) This is so classy and sciency! :D And you know I love that perfect white on black embossing.

Judy1223 said...

Yep, it is not easy getting a photo of gold on black...but I think you did a great job! I also love the simplicity of your card, and your color choices were totally perfect (even if hard to photograph)!

Tracie Pond said...

The use of elements symbols is so fun. Your card is no exception. Cute and simple!!!

TaeEun said...

Love the black card base! It makes the card so stylish! Your idea and the photo are great, Jen!

wienerhoneymooners said...

You are too brilliant, and ALWAYS!!