Sunday, September 20, 2015

Butterflies & Gators


The kitchen is looking gorgeous and we painted the living room today - yes, I was allowed to help this time!  I love the new paint colours although it makes me want to redo everything else too.  Crossing fingers for lottery win...

I've got two more cards to share that I made yesterday.  First up is a card inspired by Michele's gorgeous card over at Muse.  How virtuous I felt using a piece of patterned paper - especially one from a 12x12 paper pack!  :)  I let that beautiful paper do most of the work and just added a layered butterfly die cut and a sentiment.  Nice and easy.



Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (Regal Rose, Melon Mambo, Basic Black) Stampin' Up
Patterned Paper:  (Sera Sera collection) K & Co.
Stamps:  (Sentiment from More Stories) Avery Elle
Inks:  (Delicata Golden Glitz) Tsukineko
Dies:  (Butterfly) Papertrey Ink
Glitter:  (Sunflower Yellow Ice) Queen & Co


My second card marks the first time I've used any Reverse Confetti products.  This adorable alligator is what finally put me over the edge and forced me to place an order.  :)  I used the design at Freshly Made Sketches and paper pieced the 'gator and the cake with Fancy Pants papers.




Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Papertrey Ink, (Melon Mambo, Basic Black) Stampin' Up
Patterned Paper:  (MEology 6x6) Fancy Pants
Stamps:  (All from Later Alligator) Reverse Confetti
Inks:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko
Dies:  (Stitches Rectangle) Lil Inker

12 comments:

Nora Noll said...

What pretty cards!! I love the patterned paper you used on the first. That pink butterfly is a PERFECT match!!

The second card is so fun. I love that alligator. Great take on the challenges!!

Ardyth said...

What no pics of the painting?! Love the cards - the butterfly is beautifully elegant and the gator with the birthday cake reminds me of that trick where you make a dog balance a treat on his nose! lol! So glad you joined us at Muse this week!

I Card Everyone said...

Hi Jen!!! Oh I am so thrilled that you were happy to use a bit of patterned paper ... and what a beauty you've used! LOve the colors, and what a perfect home for your darling butterfly! SO happy that you had time [and energy] to play cards after all that painting... I'll be looking for photos!!!
=] Michele

I Card Everyone said...

Okay I'm back ... I want that alligator so bad I can't tell you!!!! Yours could not be cuter!!!
=]

Tina said...

OMG, that alligator is so cute! :)

Linda Callahan said...

That alligator is such fun! Adorable card! Glad you shared it at FMS!

Lisa Elton said...

A fresh coat of paint sure does wonders and makes you feel great doesn't it! What a fabulous pari of cards today Jen. You take on Michele's card is beautiful, my goodness!! And that gator is way too cute!

Happy Dance said...

My bil is coming this fall to redo our dining room. Same color, but a bit of plaster repair...I love the color in there...fresh paint is a good thing! Speaking of good things....you've got two of them happening here. Your first one with that fabulous dp is sooooo pretty! Love those colors, and I see that Michele was quite taken with your card! And I had to order that alligator set a while back too. He's just too cute not to! RC is a nice quality stamp. Your card is just adorable. Loving that pink cake! Have a great week sweetie! Bev

Anita in France said...

That DP is luscious, Jen ... the tiny black sentiment panel is fantastic against it ... and that beautiful butterfly ... yum! Adorable 'gator ... he and the cake are so perfectly co-ordinated with the delicious DP and pink card base ... smiling still! Anita :)

Jen Brum said...

Great cards! Love that little gator and his cake! Super cute! Great colours! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Joyce said...

Two gorgeous cards. A gold star to you for using a 12x12 sheet on a card. And, you are just about pushing me over the RC edge with that adorable gator.

Lindsey said...

Love how both these cards use patterned papers for completely different effects! The butterfly card is beautiful and feminine; the alligator card is cute and fun!