Sunday, June 12, 2011

Gallery Idol Congrats


Since I just discovered this blogging world and Paper Crafts back in the fall, this is the first time I've heard about Gallery Idol.  I've had a blast looking through the cards already posted and am loving the huge variety of designs and styles so I decided to toss my hat in the ring and play along.
Today I went to visit some friends and see their new house.  It's their first home so I wanted to give them a little "congrats on your new home" card (which would fit perfectly with the Gallery Idol theme of congratulations).  I recently ditched my old Monopoly board as It was falling apart but being the pack rat that I am I keep all the other bits and pieces from the game.  I've been wanting to use these bits and pieces on a card and finally had this idea.
Supplies: CS:PTI, Stamps:Unity & PTI; Ink: VersaFine & SU
I love that little Unity house and the idea of recycling (or upcycling - must figure out the difference between the two) the old game pieces that I loved so much as a kid and giving them another life.  A simple design and I'll be set for a while in terms of new house cards given how many of these game pieces are in the set.  :)
Hope you've all had a lovely weekend.  The sky is looking pretty black this evening so cross your fingers for us that we get some rain!

11 comments:

Lynn said...

This is my first time too really understanding what gallery idol is. I love your idea on this card...how creative to keep your monopoly cards. I would vote for you for sure!

Lynn said...

This is my first time too really understanding what gallery idol is. I love your idea on this card...how creative to keep your monopoly cards. I would vote for you for sure!

Tina said...

Wow, what a neato card! I love that you reused a game card on it. I'm sure your friend appreciated the card :)

Alberta said...

Cute, Cute, Cute...did I mention that this was Cute. Loving this card. It's so creative. Fab job!

Jenny said...

What a fab idea for a new home card...if only the prices were still that low here!!!
Thanks for the shove towards Gallery Idol, I'm new to it to but may as well give it a go :)
Jenny x

kasia c. said...

LOVE this card! It makes me want to dig out my old Monopoly game. What a great idea!

~amy~ said...

Such a clever idea...it's perfect!

Janelle said...

Great idea, Jen! Love how you used the Monopoly card -- especially for the ritzy Park Place (the property I always wanted to own!). :)

Anonymous said...

LOVE your 'upcycling'! This is the perfect card for a new house, and you still have heaps of cards yet to use! I just want to know what you are going to do with the 'Go to Jail - do not pass go' card?
Now I must go and check out Gallery Idol!

Emily Leiphart said...

Jen, I love your cute idea of using a Monopoly card! If only owning four houses would cost $1300 (a year in taxes). LOL

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

What a fun idea! Simple ... but fun! Love that purple card!!! Very yummy! Hugs xxaxx